TIP: A better way to fix butt pllates

MiDri

So some of you know I have a separate buttplate on my armor and I hate it, it gets jacked up way to often. Well by golly I've done it! I've fixed my problem.

I added 2 tabs on the side that catch and hold the buttplate in place here are some pics.

JImqM.jpg

Lho3o.jpg

p4HBh.jpg

WIe9A.jpg

Edited by Daetrin
Updated title

So does this hold so well that if you tried to sit down it wouldn't budge? Or if you bend far enough does it give?

I normally take my butt plate off if I sit down, or fold it over my back. The buttplate will flip over the guides if you bend over to much, though that angle is generally father then I can bend in my armor.

I placed some of the loop part of velcro where you have your tabs. The velcro would be 'flexible' as opposed to plastic tabs.

I had this problem with the butt as well and I did the same thing; used velcro there. My belt is also positioned to where it covers the butt corners. Helps to keep it contained. If those tabs work, go for it.

I cut my butt piece off originally so that I would be able to sit down, but it turns out that I almost never sit down, although I am glad for the times I can (like getting a ride in a car). I too try to keep my belt securely right over the seam between the butt and back piece but end up spending most of my time fiddling with it to get it back in place once I have had to bend over and the butt piece pops out from beneath the belt. Kind of a love/hate situation really.