Another happy TM owner.

post-11442-1263231812_thumb.jpgpost-11442-1263232007_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I noticed in another thread that a fellow trooper had received his armour from Paul, last month.

Paul must have been busy as he also did a set for me and hand delivered it!

Turns out he lives just up the road from me, so he very kindly offered to deliver it on Xmas Eve,

despite the horrendous winter weather (very nice Chrissie present to myself :D ).

He also brought along some of his own build ups including a beautiful set of his (very) flexible armour.

The standard TM stuff is stunning, but I need to practice my skills before starting it, so it will be some time before

I get the Dremel fired up- don't want to make any mistakes with this beauty.

Everything is boxed up at the moment, but here's a couple of helmet piccies to show how clean and shiney the pulls are

(sorry about the quality).

Enjoy.

Ferg

Hey Ferg,

Congrats on the TM armour buddy.... wow that's what i call a cool Xmas pressie... getting a set of TM armour on Xmas eve.... and hand delivered by the master himself.... :)

All the best with the build and don't forget to ask questions and ask for help if you need it...

Also there are quite a few UKG guys in your nrck of the woods who can give you a helping hand buddy.... (that is should you need it...)

And remember the mantra.....

"Cutting less is better"...... :)

Thanks for the comments.

I'm VERY pleased with my new toy but will definately need some advice from you guys.

Paul has very kindly offered to help out with problems, but this is certainly no 'shake and bake' job.

This will need some careful thought- I think a couple of other little projects before I have the confidence

to start cutting plastic on this one.

Don't worry though, as soon as the fun begins, I will be calling on all TKs out there. :D

BTW, I like to think measure once, then again, then again, then again and then cut- does that work for anyone else!!!

Ferg

Hey Ferg,

Congrats on the TM armour buddy.... wow that's what i call a cool Xmas pressie... getting a set of TM armour on Xmas eve.... and hand delivered by the master himself.... :)

All the best with the build and don't forget to ask questions and ask for help if you need it...

Also there are quite a few UKG guys in your nrck of the woods who can give you a helping hand buddy.... (that is should you need it...)

And remember the mantra.....

"Cutting less is better"...... :)

Ferg

A man of impeccable taste I see B)

Welcome to the TM Owners Club matey. a couple of pieces of advice if you've never put armour together before (or maybe even if you have :D), take a look over at Pete Stukatroopers tutorials because they will help you immeasurably,

get to know the parts of this beeee-yewwww-teeee-fullll suit before you start to attack it, and the biggest one of all........

take your time :)

As for Paul delivering your suit, well that doesn't supprise me, just like his armour he's PURE class. B)

The guys a genius and a saint amongst men.

:)

Hi Ferg,

Just remember to take your time when trimming. Cut everything slightly bigger then trim down once you have test fitted the parts by taping them together. It's better to use your method of measuring numerous times and cutting once.

Stuka has an excellent tutorial, so make sure to check it out...MANY TIMES ;)

Everyone on here will be on hand to help you every step of the way mate.

I've looked at Stukatrooper's tutorial many times, and that's exactly what scares me about starting this project!!!

Keeping it small at the moment with a lousy Ebay TIE helmet. Totally ripped it apart and rebuilt it. Pretty pleased so far, so the skills are definately improving.

Thanks for that, Paul. Several weeks on and we still can't get around safely- that's global warming for you.

Will be in touch as soon as this crazy weather goes back to normal.

Ferg

Wow Ferg,

Looks like you are starting off the New Year with a BANG!!!! Happy TM armor to you mate!!!!!

Make you a check list of everything you will need for the build.

Have good open clean space to work in.

Measure four times, not twice and cut once........

and don't rush.