Mannequin display choices

Ghost

Happy New Year All :pint1:

Just seeing what anyone uses to display their armour on?

I have found it difficult to locate a decent flexible mannequin. The only option I see is from Morplan.com which offers mannequins with bendable arms (£225) or fully flexible (£285 +£28 for stand).

Does anyone have any other sources without going to Prince & Co. or Illustra :P

Happy New Year All :pint1:

Just seeing what anyone uses to display their armour on?

I have found it difficult to locate a decent flexible mannequin. The only option I see is from Morplan.com which offers mannequins with bendable arms (£225) or fully flexible (£285 +£28 for stand).

Does anyone have any other sources without going to Prince & Co. or Illustra :P

I prefer Kim Cattrall, but that was way before the whole SITC thing. :P

Sorry, I have nothing productive to offer this thread, the headline struck me as funny, that's all. I use PVC bulked with a duct tape dummy (me) up for some other costumes and plan on doing the same for my TK and Vader.

It's not a mannequin, but I really like how TK 1336 displays his armour (follow link and scroll down) I think he even has a "how to" on how he builds it somewhere on the site, but last I checked that portion of the website wasn't completed.

------------

Oh and Vic - Admin should make you "Officer of Comedy Relief" or something, too funny man! Lol.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

The mannequinhub.com

Description:

Brand new full body male mannequin. Made from Beautiful Flesh tone colored fiberglass to make these mannequins look very real. Assembly is really simple, you probably wont have any trouble putting the mannequin together, but if you do please email us and we will assist you. Mannequin mm10 measurements: Height: 5'10" (Feet). Bust-widest part of body: 40" (inches). Waist: 31 " (inches). Hips: 36" (inches). Recommended for businesses that sell clothing on sites like eBay and amazon, Increase your sales by posting quality realistic pictures. This mannequin is made from Fiberglass, a special form of plastic that features light weight and durable use .

Price: $110.00

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Scott,

I know what you’re looking for, it’s just a shame you can’t build something comparable for a whole lot less money. Couldn’t you build a frame out of piping and attach some heavy gauge, bendable wire. You could then wrap the pipe and wire in foam to get the human shape and throw some under armor on it, but the arms would be able to be posed? Just an idea. I’m sure the mannequin you’re looking at looks great, but the idea of the armor is to not see who or what is underneath. I just think for that much money you could get more star wars props! Which ever you decide, good luck (and think of building something)!

Vic

Matt: “Officer of Comedy Relief”, I like the sound of that!

The mannequinhub.com

Description:

Brand new full body male mannequin. Made from Beautiful Flesh tone colored fiberglass to make these mannequins look very real. Assembly is really simple, you probably wont have any trouble putting the mannequin together, but if you do please email us and we will assist you. Mannequin mm10 measurements: Height: 5'10" (Feet). Bust-widest part of body: 40" (inches). Waist: 31 " (inches). Hips: 36" (inches). Recommended for businesses that sell clothing on sites like eBay and amazon, Increase your sales by posting quality realistic pictures. This mannequin is made from Fiberglass, a special form of plastic that features light weight and durable use .

Price: $110.00

<a href="http://mannequinhub.com/New-Full-BodyFull-Size-Male-Fiberglass/M/B002NXHL0E.htm" target="_blank">http://mannequinhub.com/New-Full-BodyFull-.../B002NXHL0E.htm</a>

How do you get boots on that thing? Doesn't look very posable. How do you get it to hold a gun and point it?

How do you get boots on that thing? Doesn't look very posable. How do you get it to hold a gun and point it?

It is not hard to get the boots on the mannequins feet. I wear a size 11 and the mannequins' is about a size 9. It is meant for displaying shoes and clothes. I picked this mannequin because of his features due to it being 5'10' the optimal height that Geoge Lucas liked his stormtroopers. This mannequin also wasn't built like Arnold Schwartzenegger. It also didn't have the foot long (sequoia) neck that makes what most display there armor on look like a "bobble head" when you get the helmet on it.

Out of the box, no he is not going to be able to hold the E-11. But, it is made out of fiberglass and can easily be cut and spliced . I am working on the thumb by cutting the original one off and replacing it with a heavy duty electrical cable that is easily flexed/bendable into what ever position I put it in. As for the elbows, cut them and put a pin hinge system into it. Kind of like the old GI Joe action figure. Got a little more tweaking to do and haven't had time to take any pics. When it done, I will post some pics.

It may be a little bit of work, but at $110 and about $25 worth of add ons, it still beats the price of the pre-flexi.

I noticed one leg is separated at the thigh, but the other is not. Make sure you can get the thigh armor on without having to cut a leg or something before buying!

Terry, it's strange but you'll find that many mannequins are seperated on one of the thighs... it makes it easier to dress the mannequin and also put it on the display stand.....

Tarquin (whose my mannquin... yes he has a name :D ) is like this. His a static mannequin and to put the thighs on I have to dis-member him from the torso... lol

It is not hard to get the boots on the mannequins feet. I wear a size 11 and the mannequins' is about a size 9. It is meant for displaying shoes and clothes. I picked this mannequin because of his features due to it being 5'10' the optimal height that Geoge Lucas liked his stormtroopers. This mannequin also wasn't built like Arnold Schwartzenegger. It also didn't have the foot long (sequoia) neck that makes what most display there armor on look like a "bobble head" when you get the helmet on it.

Out of the box, no he is not going to be able to hold the E-11. But, it is made out of fiberglass and can easily be cut and spliced . I am working on the thumb by cutting the original one off and replacing it with a heavy duty electrical cable that is easily flexed/bendable into what ever position I put it in. As for the elbows, cut them and put a pin hinge system into it. Kind of like the old GI Joe action figure. Got a little more tweaking to do and haven't had time to take any pics. When it done, I will post some pics.

It may be a little bit of work, but at $110 and about $25 worth of add ons, it still beats the price of the pre-flexi.

Okay, I guess my real question on the boots is do you have to cut a hole in your boots to get it to afix to the base? How do the feet connect to the base?

Okay, I guess my real question on the boots is do you have to cut a hole in your boots to get it to afix to the base? How do the feet connect to the base?

The base actually does go into the heel of the mannequin's left foot, but that is not how I am using it. I got a piece of flat iron at the hardware store. I connected, it to the original base that came with the mannequin. I attached the flat iron with a couple of expander bolts (like the kind you put into a wall when you don't have a stud). All you have to do is pull the leg of the undersuit to just above the calf, attach the flat iron by tightening the two bolts to the calf, slip the leg of the undersuit back down. It covers without any problems. Then put your calf armor on. That's it. You can't even tell with the undersuit and armor, that the flat iron is even there.

There is no need to cut holes in any shoe, armor, undergarmet, etc. Only the mannequin was harmed in this process :P