Pre-Assembled Helmets

Well, my MRCE is just about finished, and although I am satisfied with it, I can't help but feel I'll always be envious of more screen-accurate helmets. However, the reason I got the MRCE in the first place was simply because it was pre-assembled!

Can you guys recommend some, if any, good helmets that you don't have to put together yourself?

And it's not that I'm lazy...just bad with my hands :P

Well, my MRCE is just about finished, and although I am satisfied with it, I can't help but feel I'll always be envious of more screen-accurate helmets. However, the reason I got the MRCE in the first place was simply because it was pre-assembled!

Can you guys recommend some, if any, good helmets that you don't have to put together yourself?

And it's not that I'm lazy...just bad with my hands :P

AP is doing a run right now, not sure if they're assembled or not -- but you could always buy the stuff and have some one else do it for $50 or so. Only takes an hour or two of work if you've done a few before. Especially sense you don't have to paint AP helmets (Their high durability ABS BABY!)

There's other complete helmets (like SDS)

http://www.sdsprops.com/s001-intro.html

But of course they come with a high cost. The MRCE is probably the most reasonable in terms of price, but requires mods for 501st use, but you probably already know that.

AP helmets do not come assembled, they're kits. Sure, you could pay someone to assemble it, but there's also a lot you'd learn if you assembled it yourself. Even if you get an armor kit, you're going to have to build it and rig it up anyways, so there's always something to build by hand.

I would suggest starting small. If you do intend to build armor, start with trimming and Dremeling everything to get used to what you need to do. Then when it's time for assembling something, start with a bicep. It's the easiest piece and really simple. Start there and then move onto other pieces.

Before long, you'll have your own setup and be proud to know you "did it yourself". :)

• Like 1

AP is doing a run right now, not sure if they're assembled or not -- but you could always buy the stuff and have some one else do it for $50 or so. Only takes an hour or two of work if you've done a few before. Especially sense you don't have to paint AP helmets (Their high durability ABS BABY!)

If I DID have to assemble a helmet, AP would be my first choice. It's $199 for the kit, right?

As you know, most of the helmets available start off in kit form... however.. if you ask the relevant makers nicely, they can build it up for you.

Will cost you extra, but at least you'll know it's put together well and saves you from possibly stuffing it up.

• 1 month later...

Buddy there are plenty of tutorials here on how to assemble a helmet.... it's really not difficult at all.... Get yourself an AP kit and try it.... they are cheap as chips at the moment... and when you feel up to it.... get yourself a lurvely bumpy TE2.... (mmm that reminds me....... Toni...... lol)