fx or what

im looking to get a set of armor. i was looking to get an fx kit because i dont have that much money to spend on a kit. do you know of any other kits i should look at for the price of or lower than an fx kit. by the way im only 5 6 so im also looking for a different helmet kit from the fx hopefuly a little cheaper than the ap i was planning to get. i realy need some help on this. :rolleyes:

great to know you?re getting your armor.

Good Luck gettin a new bucket, If you sell your FX helmet let me know...I might find a Use for it jejeje.

regards!

I was looking to get some FX myself, but I'm told FX isn't good for people of our height... So, I don't know yet. Plus, I don't know about putting together a helmet, I'd rather buy a good one already completed.

Yes, good advice...and unfortunately, I don't know of any semi quality armor that costs the same or less than an FX kit :unsure:

the thing is not so much yoour height as much as how thick you are.

The FX is made in such a way that you can modify it to your particular body type.

The most common Issue comes with the Helmet.

You?ll find out what I mean while browsing the forum.

Not really... i?ve seen normal ppl like you wearing it and they strap and mold it around their bodies nicely.

I don?t think you?ll have a problem.

Once again, the issue comes with the helmet proportion for someone your size and fit.

If you are able to get only the armor without the helmet then I would recoment AP for your helmet choice.

It?s a really nice sculpt and will fit you frame nicely.

that?s my personal opinion.

Yes! the FX kit can be worked with as long as you want to put the time into it, and have the patience to do so :unsure:

Yes! the FX kit can be worked with as long as you want to put the time into it, and have the patience to do so :unsure:

I concur. I have a buddy who is 5'3" and he has FX. Trimmed it up, and it looks good.

Cheers.

:trooper:

Well, here's hoping I have the time/patience, lol

Would you say... I'd need less or more time trimming and setting up a set of FX than cutting out a set of Snowtrooper armor out of plastic, prepping, painting it, and THAN assembling it?

I think the answer is pretty obvious.

I had my FX ready within an hour with the exception of the helmet wich took me 2 days spending 4 hours each day on it.

The Snowtrooper has to be completely cut and trimmed... I wouldn?t do a snowtrooper just because of this.

SWEEEEET!

pardon my TK newness... the ATST pilot in me is stubborn!

As for helmets, for a first-timer, would the "FX Stormtrooper helmet" on Collector's Gallery be correct?

It took me a good three months dialing in my FX armor, from taking it out of the box, to my practice troops in it :unsure:

I just couldn?t hold myself jajajaja

I already had the body, gloves and neck seal waiting for it so as soon as I had it I put it toguether and it has pretty much tayed togheter the same way with the only mod that i welded some of the straps together....

now I can get it on me in less than 5 minutes without any assistance and I can sit down with it!

Here?s a few pics:

post-522-1177104560_thumb.jpg

Sure I can do push ups, run and jump in it... the jump thing is kinda messy on my legs, but the rest can be done without a problem!

Thanks for the compliments on the armor, yours will look just a nice!

Go Ahead man!... think no longer and DO IT!

Has anyone seen the helmet on Collector's Gallery? I posted a link to it under my "preassembled" topic... I know it probably isn't 100% accurate, but is it good for a beginner TK until they can get something better?

That?s an FX alright!

but for an FX it?s expensive. maybe because it?s made of fiberglass.

I wouldn?t really bother.

The same helmet comes unassembled on the FX armor KIT.

You Buy The Kit...you get that helmet but in ABS plastic.

It?s nice...you?ll like it even though it?s big.