fx or what

My opinion is that it is too expensive for a re-pop of an FX...plus the fiberglass will be heavier than the regular FX helmet...I am sure, that buy the time you complete your armor, you will have enough money to get a better helmet, or get a good deal on a hand me down FX...Just don't go out and buy something like this on impulse, because if you do, you will probably be spending more money in the long run. :unsure:

Then I would suggest getting the FX on e-bay or in here with some one that wants to sell his for a more accurate and expensive helmet.

or fi you want to spend the money in it get the AP, TE or ANH2 type helmets, they?re not as big as the FX and they?re more accurate to the films.

We?ll I really don?t have them but troopers here do.

Post that you are looking to buy any of the above helmets in the part of this forum that takes care of the selling and exchanging of items between members... some is bound to anwer you with the contact info.

Good luck with that Cadet!!

Commander Dargas your armor on post #18 looks absolutely amazing. that armor is fx!? how did you get it to fit to you like that. i would like to use the same process to make mine fit to me!

Jajajaja... Thanks!

I just love to get compliments on my armor jaja.

Yeap!! that?s an FX in all It?s glory!

I?m 1.80 mts tall (imperial stormtrooper standard size according to cannon) so that might be a part of why it fits so nicely.

Ok...what I did was to fit every single part on me one By one in this manner:

on the legs i placed the velcro on the front pieces just like the manual stated, then I cut the Velcro pieces already sticked together (loop against Hook) and then took one of the glue side papers to expose the sticky side, I then proceeded to stick the piece on one of the sides of the leg on the back side pieces where I calculated that they would fit.

once I knew it was stuck in place I took the other paper and proceeded to place VERY CAREFULLY the upper part of the piece over it, getting sure it molded to muy leg tightly. (all of this with the black bodyglove on of course.)

I proceeded like this with every single part.

Now the parts where I changed the rules was in here:

the straps on the inside of the shoulder bell where welded in place higher and almost touching the inner ridge. in that way the bells stay in place tightly and you don?t see the straps over the white plastic of the arms.

The ABS shoulder straps are placed allowing almost 3 fingers worth of space between the chest and back plates and the straps on the sides that hold the chest and back pieces where welded into place using abs glue higher and deeper into the armor so that the straps are not visible over the abs and kidney pieces.

The "vest" as I call it now is placed just like that now... a vest.

The last improovement I did on it was to actually trim the back ending pieces of the legs and the upper back pieces of the calfs so I can run, kneel, sit, jump and do push ups and other kinds of nasty things on it without a problem.

I hope this covers it...I?ll try to post pics on monday to further explain all this babble!

psychotropic said:
Commander Dargas your armor on post #18 looks absolutely amazing. that armor is fx!? how did you get it to fit to you like that. i would like to use the same process to make mine fit to me!

Yes, that is definately an FX kit :)

heres some pics of my old FX suit...before I cut it up and up ghraded it...

YbFgHVU.jpg

qPu5pvB.jpg

vb4FauK.jpg

The cool thing about the FX for me, is that I don't feel guilty about cutting into it, and playing hard in it :)

The cool thing about the FX for me, is that I don't feel guilty about cutting into it, and playing hard in it :)

That is a great point! I had a few guys that were just a little sad to see my ANH armor get roughed, painted and weathered to make it Dengar.

That is a great point! I had a few guys that were just a little sad to see my ANH armor get roughed, painted and weathered to make it Dengar.

Well in the end, its all about what your passion is, what might seam out of place to some may seem genius to others :D