My TE build[*TE]

So I been discussing with various members about parts, tips, and what to do when build your armor. BUT I forgot to give a little back, showing my progress on my own armor set.

Here it is, I would say about 50% done maybe, Just need put enamel on the armor parts and assemble. Helmet is in bad condition do to cracks and somethings I messed up, but other wise, it looks good to me.

DSCN3265.jpg

DSCN3264.jpg

DSCN3267.jpg

The workshop

DSCN3268.jpg

The bad side of the helmet...

DSCN3269.jpg

Pieces being painted.

DSCN3270.jpg

DSCN3271.jpg

DSCN3272.jpg

Tell me what you think lol :D

unfortunally no, i got buckles for the chest plate to the upper back and a buckle for my cod to butt piece so its easy to go to the bathroom haha.

the shoulder bells will be rivet to a strip hanging off of the shoulder strap. the thigh piece is held up by a elastic strap and velcro. I am pleased at how it is looking condsidering i am doing it as cheap and fast as i can. =D

Looks really good. Question on the top of the helmet right above the left eye it looks like there is a fold in the plastic, is this a illusion or is it really there? I only ask as my helmet had the same thing and I had to sand it out. Looking really good though, can't wait to see more! Keep at it!

When you put the forearms together is there a way to get a taper on them? so they snug up a bit better? How did you do it?

I got them to stay on by just placing foam block in the forearms. I haven't really trimmed them to my arm length yet, but it almost seems as if they are good as they are.

You compleated it rather quickly nice job. You look at home in Spencers lol.

I'm sure your still going to work on it since the chest buttons arnt on and the belt I see has two rivits instead of just the two on the ends and one in the middle with the caps.

You trimmed every piece too much, till the edge, while you should have left a bit of plastic before the edge to give the illusion of thickness:

2600678065_b2f68ccc13.jpg

From Stukatrooper's build: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stukatrooper/...1766632/detail/

You also miss the ab buttons. Look at that tutorial closely to improve :)

There's definitely something wrong with your brow and the tube stripes...you might want to reconsider these details, and the return edge situation. And there are way too many rivets showing IMHO, and there's the lack of the ab buttons. But to each his own! ;)

I understand you rushed this for Halloween and are now planning on redoing things a little more accurate and less...well...sloppy, right? After all, it is a very nice base suit, it would be a shame to kill it because of some easily fixable details.

The most important part is that you had fun, and it sounds like you did. So hey, thumbs up!

I need to learn how to do good decaling. I hand painted the tube strips and I found out its a little hard to do by hand.

As for the brow, well it is completely messed up. Its made of three spereate rubber pieces cause I couldn't get trim that would work.

I used dagobahswap, random pictures, and stuff to cut the armor.

For the tube stripes, you could always use decals, e.g. those from TK-4510. Painting those on is a real pain, you're absolutely right. It takes one heck of a steady hand!

Your brow is fixable, try and get a replacement. Maybe someone here on this board can provide one.

Looks like you have the exact right build for a TK, the armor fits you like a glove! :duim:

For the tube stripes, you could always use decals, e.g. those from TK-4510. Painting those on is a real pain, you're absolutely right. It takes one heck of a steady hand!

Your brow is fixable, try and get a replacement. Maybe someone here on this board can provide one.

Looks like you have the exact right build for a TK, the armor fits you like a glove! :duim:

I used one of the decals that my suit came with and put it on a thin piece of rubbery plastic and then cut out a nice little stencil to get the same effect whilst painting.

I was surprised at how "fast" I could move when I played German spot light "fashlight tag."

I do need a few new parts though, the plastic part for the belt, maybe a new helmet (major cracks that need repair).

I was thinking for the kidney plate to the ab plate to use elastic straps connecting them. Any ideas on that?

I was surprised at how "fast" I could move when I played German spot light "fashlight tag."

What's that exactly? I never heard of that despite being German. Sorry for the off topic. ;)

Um basicly its one (the german) versus (allied) who else is playing. There is one safe zone know as the base and the allied is trying to get there. the german job is to "guard" the base and tag the allied by flashing a flash light on the allies and calling their name. E.G. the german sees a guy running, flashes the light on him, calls his name, "TIMMY!" Now timmy is out, and if he was first to be tag, he will play the german next round.

Can anyone PM me about TE helmets and where to get a good quality? MOT provided me with a .... one. I think ill just make a new one because of some serious defects in the one of have.

And return edges idk how i will be able to add them on to it.