How many hours should I expect to take?

I just got an FX kit. I watched Daves garage - who by the way is awesome. But it freaked me out a bit because he is maticulous with the assembly that if I go at his pace, I am afraid it will take me a month to put the kit together.

Reality check; I need it assembled by Next Wednesday - and I really may have only one hour a night till then.

Can I do this? I am not that great with tools and glue. Velcro is my friend.

How can my local Garisson Liason help?

Greg :unsure:

Yes, contact your local garrison and see if anyone will be willing to help; they'll forward you to the right people. Some garrisons or squads have armor parties which I highly suggest. I've heard it's possible to get it done in a week or two if you get some people together and all focus on it. I've been working on my AP for about a year, off and on. Velcro is the quickest way to attach the pieces, but less secure. E6000 glue is what I use and recommend, though it takes 24 hours to cure.

If it came fully trimmed and you dont have to cut too much plastic you might be ok. I have been working on my AP for almost 2 weeks and I'm just getting to the strapping and final assembly. The only bad part is with any project of this type....if you rush it, it usually looks that way!

Since it's FX - a kit that's one of the easier to assemble in that it requires no trimming, sanding, or painting, it can be done relatively quickly. However, 7 man-hours seems very ambitious, especially for someone without prior experience. If you need to assemble the helmet as well, I'd say it's highly doubtful. 15 - 20 hours is more realistic for someone with no prior experience to assemble an FX.

It sounds like a short-notice armor party with your local garrison is your best option, keeping in mind that the purpose of an armor party is to help you assemble your armor, not assemble it for you. If that's not possible, you may have to either take some time off from work, or sacrifice some sleep to get it done in time. ;)

I got an FX kit and also tried to get it done as soon as I could. I was told it could be done in a couple of days (by people who had done it before and knew what to do). It actually took me about 3 weeks to put together working off and on, a couple of hours here and there when I had time. If I had to do it again, a second time, I would already know which straps, snaps, glue etc to get and it would save a lot of experimentation time and I'm guessing I could now do it in a weeks time, but only because of the hind sight I gained by already doing it. So if you can get help from garrison members that will save you the most time.

you'll be sad when its done...cuz its so much fun to build!

I definitely wasn't sad mine was done at all, I was insanely happy, but I do admit that having been focused so intently on working on it for so long and then being done, I did feel a weird void in my life for a while. :blink: