HWT backpack reference - which one is correct?

I'm finishing up my HWT build, which I'll be field-testing at my next troop on October 24th - Air & Scare at the National Air & Space Museum. Hopefully I'll be applying for HWT EIB soon after. ^_^

Regarding the pack, the EIB requirement says the following:

Desert Backpack, styled after the ANH sandtrooper packs. They are comprised of two main boxes (aka Seed Trays), that are the approximate width of the backplate, correct bend on frame. Strict screen accuracy is required! While not every Sandtrooper in the film had a backpack, we feel that this level of commitment and overall design of the character should be attained. This also means taking no personal liberties such as LED lights, etc.

Much like the stormtrooper armor seen on film, all ANH sandtrooper packs are different in the details but all share the basic attributes. My pack is based on Pack #2, with the gray details of the HWT - as opposed to blue details of the sandtrooper.

post-1844-1255834447_thumb.jpg

Thing is, the screen caps we have here look nothing like any of the 5 sandtrooper backpacks.

post-1844-1255834783_thumb.jpg

The thing that sticks out most to me is that the screen caps show a single-box construction (vs a dual box on all ANH packs), and lack a circular dish on the lower right corner (once again, all ANH packs have this feature).

So which one is correct?

Ill go on a limb and say...

Both.

Realistically the ANH are easier to approve via GML. We have very good reference and such and really a good pack is not all that hard to build. Parts lists are out there and all is obtainable.

If the Game pack was done well... That should have no difficulty being approved. Far harder, as of this moment no one to my knowledge has tackled it.

My .o2 ;)

Looking over my game shots of the pack, there is definitely no blue set of seed trays on the pack. Either 2 sets of black seed trays or 1 large pack base box should be acceptable as both could be argued as correct.

Also looking through the game shots I can't find any evidence of a frame base like the ANH packs. Of course for computer graphics there isn't a need for the frame to mount the parts onto.

OK, thanks. I'll be going with the black dual-seed tray, bent-frame, ANH-style pack. Still, it's good to know either is acceptable.

Pics of my pack coming soon. :)

As a person with game development experience, I would take the screenshots and game models with a grain of salt in terms of accuracy (unless that's the style you want to pursue).

Judging by these images, the stormtrooper model is fairly low poly / low resolution. They may not have modeled it accurately in the efforts to make the model more efficient, render more of them, etc..