Adjusting armor

Vash

hi i found a place where i can get a stormtrooper complete set for a good price

the only problem is hes worn the suit and hes only 5"8

im 6"0

is there a way 2 adjust it so i can fit it cause i read around that it fits people from 5"7 to 6"1?

how do u adjust it

any help is greatly appreciated

Hey vash good to see the armor worked out for you now. has the armor been trimmed? or cut down do you have any pictures?

lol no its the set that u sent 2 me lol remember the one u said where hes selling it complete for 400 but the only prob is hes 2 5"8

i just wanted 2 know if it was adjustable

if not then we gotta keep looking lol

lol no its the set that u sent 2 me lol remember the one u said where hes selling it complete for 400 but the only prob is hes 2 5"8

i just wanted 2 know if it was adjustable

if not then we gotta keep looking lol

What was the info he gave you on the suit if its trimmed down then theres not much we can do.

What was the info he gave you on the suit if its trimmed down then theres not much we can do.

ooooh

is there a chance he dident?

is there a way 2 shorten it without trimming it

he hasent answerd my email yet?

any other luck out there chazz?

i doubt it, Check around the froums i dont know much about FX armor and what needs to be done to it to fit a smaller person.

crap

was a nice try though

i dont have teh SLIGHTEST idea where 2 start searching lol

we were SO close that time :(

well ill keep looking and could u let me know if anything comes up?

i might just have to get the kit and try my best not to screw up but i dought it though :(

you know that there is a great deal goin for basic FX armor kits without the helmet for $350.00 :D

lol Thnx for the info but i cant build it thats the only prob

i need one built and im having no luck so far finding one built thats not expensive as hell

by the way where is that kit?

can u send a link?

lol Thnx for the info but i cant build it thats the only prob

i need one built and im having no luck so far finding one built thats not expensive as hell

by the way where is that kit?

can u send a link?

its on this forum somewhere, let me look around for it... :unsure:

this is a post from Chazz...so, you could get more information from him about this kit...would you need someone to put it together for you??? :unsure:

"there is a memeber of the MEPD that is selling FX kit's 380 +shipping and paypal fees.....no helmet no glue no holster."

this is a post from Chazz...so, you could get more information from him about this kit...would you need someone to put it together for you??? :unsure:

"there is a memeber of the MEPD that is selling FX kit's 380 +shipping and paypal fees.....no helmet no glue no holster."

yea i remember him telling me about that

i can get the glue

i couldent find a helmet that wasent one of those fake ones

umm yea lol i think he also told me that it wasent trimmed?

im not sure what that means but i cant trim it

and i would need ALOT of help to make it lol

Vash,

It depends on what he did to adjust it to himself. If the trimmed the armor, there is not much you can do to reverse the trimming. Generally adding height is not an issue per se, since it only increases the amount of "black" in between the leg and arm pieces. However, if your legs and/or arms are larger in circumference than his AND he glued his armor pieces, you may have a tough time squeezing into the parts. Sometimes a larger body will require some shimming of the parts, which is tough to do if they are glued together. If he used industrial strength velcro, then adding shims is easy.

You should find out what his measurements are, whether he trimmed any of the armor, and how he assembled the arm and leg pieces (glue or velcro).

You can get helmets with no armor.... lol helmets by them selfs.

AP, AHN

I would send a message to RBJ, he has been buying helmets right and left, and would be able to hook u up. Then agian if you have been talking to Chazz, then you need no other information clearences.

Hope this helps.

AP, AHN

I would send a message to RBJ, he has been buying helmets right and left, and would be able to hook u up. Then agian if you have been talking to Chazz, then you need no other information clearences.

Hope this helps.

Thank u very much

chazz is helping me now

Vash said:
yea i remember him telling me about that

i can get the glue

i couldent find a helmet that wasent one of those fake ones

umm yea lol i think he also told me that it wasent trimmed?

im not sure what that means but i cant trim it

and i would need ALOT of help to make it lol

yeah that FX set comes trimmed and ready to be glued together you will be fine. If you can't do it on your own i can always do it for you, or walk you threw it easy don't worry about messing up thats a part of life trust me theres a few spots on my armor that messed up i just hide it well! LOL

Where all here to help as best we can. here is a link to the glue Btw

-----------------

this is what i use it is the best! IMO fast easy and takes to paint well B)

TK_MD said:

AP, AHN

Hope this helps.

Bah with talk like that a guy might get an ego in here :lol: lol

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Welcome Vash.

I'm not sure if you want to add to the suit or trim it down?

You can only add to the suit in terms of adding a shim to make the tubular parts wider of by glueing on the edges of the natural seams on the mnoulds to try and add a little that way.

You can cut the pieces down yes but if you're 6ft and he was 5.8 there probably isn't much need too?

Maybe drop the thigh piece box down a little and the sniper plate up if you have a large gap where your knees are but aprat from that you should be ok....?

Hope it works out for you :)

John

• 2 weeks later...

I might need a "walkthrough" of my FX armor when I get it... or I might just wait until I get back stateside... I'd rather order it now, but I only have 4 more months here.