Which helmet and where to buy from?

So I want to start off by getting a helmet. This looks like the way a lot of people get into stormtrooper costuming.

I'm aware that threads on buying aren't permited - I'm really after advice on what helmet I should be looking for that will have enough room for wearing glasses underneath.

The favourites so far seem to be:

FX

MRCE

Would both of these have the room I'm looking for?

If you've got any specific advice please pm me so I can stick to the rules.

cheers

Chris

Hi Chris i think i put the info you are asking over at the UKG with regards to price range. And just so you know want to buy armour and helmet threads are not premited here, but seeing as you are asking for some help with which helmet will suit you as you wear glasses i will let it stay as is for the time being, you may want to edit it slightly... someone else may come along and do it for you.

TK helmets are not really available in on line stores as the ones you want to be looking for are made by fans and they like to stay under the radar as such.

ps the info Chris C sent you has the contact details for various vendors.

Hi Chris i think i put the info you are asking over at the UKG with regards to price range. And just so you know want to buy armour and helmet threads are not premited here, but seeing as you are asking for some help with which helmet will suit you as you wear glasses i will let it stay as is for the time being, you may want to edit it slightly... someone else may come along and do it for you.

TK helmets are not really available in on line stores as the ones you want to be looking for are made by fans and they like to stay under the radar as such.

ps the info Chris C sent you has the contact details for various vendors.

done. thanks for the heads up.

rather than a bigger helmet; I prefer the more screen derived size, esp.ly good if ur head fits in it. Having said that the MR CE is a nice middle ground between the old FX and the screen derived helmets.

here are several options instead of going for a bigger helmet:

(1) get an old set of spectacles and install the lens behind the helmets lenses

(2) get some contacts - I did for biking; and it was a happy circumstance that I can use it whilst helmet wearing

I got a AP, TE2 and a MR CE. Had a FX. Personally I would not use the FX if I was entering the hobby now purely from a aesthetic point of view.

If you want something that you can fit glasses under, you will probably not have luck with the standard accurate sized helmets from TE2, AP, ATA, MRCE, etc.

There is however some accurate styled helmets that are scaled up slightly. RT-Mod makes one as well as the ANH v2.5.

You will probably want to stay away from the FX, yes it's the largest, but it's also the least accurate.

I feel your pain, being a glasses-wearing-melon-headed trooper myself :)

If you want something that you can fit glasses under, you will probably not have luck with the standard accurate sized helmets from TE2, AP, ATA, MRCE, etc.

There is however some accurate styled helmets that are scaled up slightly. RT-Mod makes one as well as the ANH v2.5.

You will probably want to stay away from the FX, yes it's the largest, but it's also the least accurate.

I feel your pain, being a glasses-wearing-melon-headed trooper myself :)

Cheers. Yeah size is going to be the main thing however the larger (and accurate ones) do seem quite expensive. I'm happy to stick with one of the fx helmets to begin with. I'm not keen enough to be spending a lot of money yet.