My ATA build[*ATA]

ok so ive been working on my ata armor with 2 friends for about a month or 2 now and this is how far ive gotten so far i know about the biceps in the picture not on right... but i would really like to hear what you think i need some opinions on how to fix certain pieces like the butt plate i connected to the lower back plate with a piano hinge and now hangs down on the sides a lil bit also keep in mind i am going to be a sandy so the armor is dull but will be weathered i made a new knee plate for the armor but thats all i have to say about it

plz criticize me my feelings are not hurt easily

P9270007.jpg

P9270008-1.jpg

P9270009.jpg

P9270010.jpg

do you guys think i should put a sheet of plastic on to cover seems on the forearms

P9270011.jpg

P9270012.jpg

P9270013.jpg

P9270014.jpg

what do you think about my knee plate is it spot on or what do you think?

P9270015.jpg

im gonna cove the seems with an inch wide piece of plastic

P9270016.jpg

ok the piano hinge is gonna be covered by my back pack but any suggestions on how to hold the lower back plate to the butt plate better or make it more stable

P9270017.jpg

P9270018.jpg

P9270019.jpg

O_o HINGES!!!!!!! Well never seen that, thats for sure!!!!! Steampunkish!!!! any thoughts on covering it with some cloth or any thing??? i think that in the long run it will really work a number on your undersuit.....

Dont forget to remover or cover/paint your under suit logo on your back.

Could we get a pic of u in your boots ( regardsless if they are finished or not, it to take in acount the amount of space u will have to move your shin armor up cause of the boots and that will give u more room to make the highs ride higher.

On your side pics it looks like if dont have a strap that connets the cod with your buttplate, and i looks like if your entire back armor ( butt, kidney,back plate are riding really high!!) and that might explain the look u have in the front pic that looks like every thing is to low...... does that make sence????

Last i think u could bring your shoulder plates in closer to the straps.

try and see if u agree and lets see how it loks after that.

Nothing big small things

Good Job!!!

O_o HINGES!!!!!!! Well never seen that, thats for sure!!!!! Steampunkish!!!! any thoughts on covering it with some cloth or any thing??? i think that in the long run it will really work a number on your undersuit.....

Dont forget to remover or cover/paint your under suit logo on your back.

Could we get a pic of u in your boots ( regardsless if they are finished or not, it to take in acount the amount of space u will have to move your shin armor up cause of the boots and that will give u more room to make the highs ride higher.

On your side pics it looks like if dont have a strap that connets the cod with your buttplate, and i looks like if your entire back armor ( butt, kidney,back plate are riding really high!!) and that might explain the look u have in the front pic that looks like every thing is to low...... does that make sence????

Last i think u could bring your shoulder plates in closer to the straps.

try and see if u agree and lets see how it loks after that.

Nothing big small things

Good Job!!!

me and my friends were sitting around trying to figure a way to keep a lil gap and my friend said we could use a hinge and i said alright lol

im gonna cover the hinge with some canvas

yea i know i gotta remove the logo

i dont have boots yet but when i do get them i will be sure to take pics and put them up

no i dont have a strap from cod to butt plate yet but will do that soon

im gonna try adjusting the armor a lil bit and yes it does make sence i just gotta just mess iwth it a lil more

yea thats a good suggestion about the shoulder plates i will do that

btw do you know a way of securing the shoulder plates to my shoulders the kinda flop around

To tighten up the but plate run an elastic strap from the bottom of the but plate to the cod.

How wide is the canvas/cloth belt?

the canvas belt is 4 inches thick

yea i was gonna do that earlier today we thought it was fine without it but now that i see it it needs it

Your suit is coming along nicely. For the butt plate, you could use snaps and elastic from the kidney plate to the butt plate. Another option would be using the elastic going from the bottom of your butt plate to the cod piece.

Rick

thank you i think i will attach snaps on the sides to make sure there fastened

btw do you know a way of securing the shoulder plates to my shoulders the kinda flop around

Try this works really good IMO

100_0933.jpg

snap11.jpg

Once agin i dont know thous theses are, and they are in the forum somewere.

Lookin' good man!

Once you get it all "tightened up" and stuff it will be fantastic. You've done a good job of cutting and sizing it I think.

Joey, I use those same little "buckles" to fasten parts of my TD together too! B)