a bit more than a little off-topic

Deaths Messengr

so, for my halloween costume i've decided I'm going to do a simple sith-lord getup, partially in honor of the upcoming SWTOR. I plan on making everything from scratch, so I need advice on how-to's and places to get cheap materials. (this is a non-canon costume. all i'm doing is throwing together some typical sith costume stuff, and then adding on my own touches of bad-@#$ery. Do you guys think the Sith Lord Detatchment would be a bit muffed if I were to bug them for advice, as its not 501st related, or canon?

also, if you guys have any ideas, i'm all for it. i've already found a vague guide for a robe pattern. just got to find stuff to make the pattern (no idea what i'm supposed to use....)

like one think you guys may be able to help with is the facemask. i'm looking to go for one of those lower-face life-support masks. i can probly falsify something with one of those painting masks and paint it...

so i posted on the Eclipse website yesterday, and i've gotten NO response from them whatsoever. I've browsed some of their other posts, and it seems that they have a much, much smaller sense of comradery than FISD. its just a small percentage of their posts that i've looked at, but even that same percentage on this site would reveil the sense of brotherhood everyone conveys. kudos to the FISD!

okay, so i've decided that I am loosely basing my costume off of Lord Angral, from that same cinematic trailer. I've more or less decided i'm going to take a basic paintmask, mold, and cut it to the vasic shape of his respirator, and attach some tubing to go around the head to attach to something at the base of my skull (maybe even my hair? some sort of hair-tie rig might work. its certainly long enough) On that note where on earth do the Tie Pilots get their tubing? I can't find a reference to it on their forums. You don't think it comes in their helmet kits do you?

Sequence3.jpg