TK-8280's ROTJ Armor Build[*FX]

Shoulder bells after being cut.. I am going to leave them raw like in the movie...I also cut them a little off from oneanother like the ones in the movie...

ROTJCHESTPLATE2.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very good :duim: , are you going to heat up the bells and pinch them or leave them as they are?

for now, I am going to leave them as they are...me and heat guns don't get along very well :unsure: , and my hair dryer just doesn't cut it :D so, rather than completely destroying my bells, I am just going to leave them alone for now at least.

• 2 weeks later...

My ROTJ Holster...to be rivited to the right side of the belt with one rivet per leather strip :)

ROTJHOLSTER1.jpg

ROTJHOLSTER2.jpg

The AB plate after cutting an glue'n :unsure: the buttons are drying...I know its not purfect, but I don't think any of the suits were :D

ROTJABPLATE1.jpg

The AB plate after cutting an glue'n :unsure: the buttons are drying...I know its not purfect, but I don't think any of the suits were :D

ROTJABPLATE1.jpg

I think it came out really well. Unless someone is a few inches away, I don't think anyone will notice. Cutting in to your ab plate is that extreme step that will separate the men from the boys - :salute:

Thanks for the feed back, it is really helping me with this project...being an ROTJ trooper, theres not much to go on for refferences... :unsure::D but its still fun

The canvas for the belt in on my floor as I type, and will be cut and sewn shortly...so, hopefully by tonight I'll have the holster Rivited to it and such :unsure:

ROTJBELT1.jpg

the best way to go about it is Cuting just enough to fold over 2 or 3 times the belt has a good look to it, and that is also strong. then measur your belt, lets say an accurate size ANH belt is 4 inch's wide for example, then make sure your canvas belt dosent go over 4 inchs ;) ya get me :)

the best way to go about it is Cuting just enough to fold over 2 or 3 times the belt has a good look to it, and that is also strong. then measur your belt, lets say an accurate size ANH belt is 4 inch's wide for example, then make sure your canvas belt dosent go over 4 inchs ;) ya get me :)

yup! :D

It was an example, it's been a while since i have done a TK belt or TD shoulder straps. I think the size of my belt isnt bad at all. i might even do an all leather belt.

DSC06599copy.jpg

millenniumfalcon_duke_anh1080p_troo.png

I wish i had some HD ROTJ trooper pictures to post to help 8280's get a better idea of the look he is aiming for.

Its no big deal...I have finished my 2.5' wide belt and am going to get some velcro for it...does any one know were the tutorial is for putting a hook on the back of the thermal detonator? :unsure:

Its no big deal...I have finished my 2.5' wide belt and am going to get some velcro for it...does any one know were the tutorial is for putting a hook on the back of the thermal detonator? :unsure:

there is one on this site i just dont remember where it is :(

• 3 weeks later...

The standards that I am following to do my ROTJ Mark IV

* Comply with all base standards..DONE!

* Comply with all ANH standards except the following:

o Holster is not required but...if worn

* Holster details

o holster is rivited to the right side of belt..DONE!

o two rivets are used insted of the ANH 4..DONE!

o rivets should be punhced just below the center of the belt..DONE!

o Holster hangs low 6 - 7 inches from the belt..DONE!

* Armor Details

o Snowtrooper hand plates instead of the angular ANH ones..DONE!

o All black ab plate buttons..DONE!

o Molded lip around the cod and chest..DONE!

o Ab plate details (button area) needs to be upside down compared to ANH standards..DONE!

o Single back/butt piece, not split like ANH

o Shoulder bells are rounded at the corners..DONE!

o No shoulder bell straps across the biceps..DONE!

o Belt should be 2.5" wide..DONE!

* Helmet Details

o No FX helmet..DONE!

o Slate blue traps/tears instead of ANH grey..DONE!

o Black frown instead of grey, and the paint should overlap the "lips"..DONE!

o Lenses must be flat green or bubble green..DONE!

o Brow trim should be low on helmet..DONE!

o Traps/tears must be decals, no hand-painting..DONE!

o Four teeth each side..DONE!

o No screws on ears

o Ends of frown are squared off, not tapered to points..DONE!

* Blaster Details

o No ammo counter

o No Hasbro

o Two greeblies on the left rear area.

I expect to see your submission for deployment status very soon.

Looks awesome!!

Please remember to include a chest up pic for the deployment page, as well as at least one pic w/o your bucket.

Lookin' sweet!!!!

:trooper:

I expect to see your submission for deployment status very soon.

Looks awesome!!

Please remember to include a chest up pic for the deployment page, as well as at least one pic w/o your bucket.

Lookin' sweet!!!!

:trooper:

Nope...you don't understand...it is going to take quite a wile and some money to get all the extras done correctally and accurately...and I know which pics I need to submit for deployment my good man :lol::salute:

First off..my FX armor and AP helmet probably have to be re-painted (if I don't just go ahead and order a new set of armor)...I need to fill the screw holes in the ears, and paint them, which in turn will make me have to paint the whole helmet, then I will have to re-place the existing ROTJ decals with new ROTJ decals on the helmet including the correct tube stripes which are blue placed on top of a white back ground type of sticker not like the ANH ones were the blue stripes are individually placed...and after that, I have to buy a correct blaster which will run me about $200.00+...In the end, I will probably be submitting about 30+ photo's of every detail :unsure: It is definately going to take me quite a while before submitting any photo's because i want to make sure that my armor has nothing wrong with it and nothing is left to question...I just want to really follow and help set a high bar for the ROTJ TK's :duim::trooper:

First off..my FX armor and AP helmet probably have to be re-painted (if I don't just go ahead and order a new set of armor)...I need to fill the screw holes in the ears, and paint them, which in turn will make me have to paint the whole helmet, then I will have to re-place the existing ROTJ decals with new ROTJ decals on the helmet including the correct tube stripes which are blue placed on top of a white back ground type of sticker not like the ANH ones were the blue stripes are individually placed...and after that, I have to buy a correct blaster which will run me about $200.00+...In the end, I will probably be submitting about 30+ photo's of every detail :unsure: It is definately going to take me quite a while before submitting any photo's because i want to make sure that my armor has nothing wrong with it and nothing is left to question...I just want to really follow and help set a high bar for the ROTJ TK's :duim::trooper:

I'm wondering if you can't just get replacement ears for the bucket? There is always demand for completed AP helmets... :)

I'm wondering if you can't just get replacement ears for the bucket? There is always demand for completed AP helmets... :)

I already asked AP and they told me they don't piece out their armor :(