TK-8280's ROTJ Armor Build[*FX]

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow .. can't believe it .. was that an AP lid you had with the FX armor?

Ā 

You'll like the AP :) Oh, and let me know about your knee pad fitting .. that piece is still a mystery to me! :)

Wow .. can't believe it .. was that an AP lid you had with the FX armor?

Ā 

You'll like the AP :) Oh, and let me know about your knee pad fitting .. that piece is still a mystery to me! :)

Ā 

yeah its an AP helmet

Ā 

I'm going to rivet it through the upper lip on either side, then put velcro on the face of the shin to keep it away from the upper shin so it angles out away from the upper thigh so it does not catch underneath it...I hope this is not too confusing :unsure: ...I will take pictures when I get a chance :)

yeah its an AP helmet

Ā 

I'm going to rivet it through the upper lip on either side, then put velcro on the face of the shin to keep it away from the upper shin so it angles out away from the upper thigh so it does not catch underneath it...I hope this is not too confusing :unsure: ...I will take pictures when I get a chance :)

Ā 

That's what I wanted to do too .. but the knee just wouldn't fit properly and if I was to rivet it on the upper lip on both side, the thing would have been so wrongly aligned .. it would have looked terrible. Ended up like it is now, see my knee pad thread :)

That's what I wanted to do too .. but the knee just wouldn't fit properly and if I was to rivet it on the upper lip on both side, the thing would have been so wrongly aligned .. it would have looked terrible. Ended up like it is now, see my knee pad thread :)

Ā 

Yeah, I saw it...don't worry I will make it work its just an AP kit B):D

Ok, back on track now...I started the AP kit on Sunday, and hope to have it done by this up comming sunday :D

Ā 

Here are some AP progress pics B)

Ā 

The Chest plate trimmed to more ROTJ specs...

ROTJBUILD101.jpg

Ā 

The Back Plate...

ROTJBUILD104.jpg

Ā 

The Correct Shoulder Bells...

ROTJBUILD105.jpg

ROTJBUILD108.jpg

ROTJBUILD109.jpg

Ā 

The Belt Plate cut more to ROTJ specs...

ROTJBUILD107.jpg

Ā 

My TD and Drop Boxes...

ROTJBUILD110.jpg

After reviewing ROTJ screen caps, on page's 1 & 2 of this thread, I have decided that the TD looks more rounder like the FX TD rather than my narrow AP TD, so, for my Elite Pics I'll be wearing my FX TD :)

Painting my ab plate buttons... B)

ROTJBUILD115.jpg

Ā 

Oh dear :mellow:

Ā 

The buttons are the same as ANH Bernard, not black. Just remember to turn the plate upside when sticking it to the ab plate and add the rubber trim. Don't forget to round off the top corner of the kidney plate too and use white velcro to attach the ribbed shoulder straps.

Ā 

Are you going to rivet the belt to the ab plate for uber accuracy? Don't forget that the ROTJ belts only have two rivets, one at each end with the centre one left out.

Ā 

The buttons are the same as ANH Bernard, not black. Just remember to turn the plate upside when sticking it to the ab plate and add the rubber trim. Don't forget to round off the top corner of the kidney plate too and use white velcro to attach the ribbed shoulder straps.

Ā 

Are you going to rivet the belt to the ab plate for uber accuracy? Don't forget that the ROTJ belts only have two rivets, one at each end with the centre one left out.

Ā 

Ā 

The buttons are the same as ANH Bernard, not black.

Ā 

Are they black, or are they a really dark gray? :unsure:

Ā 

Just remember to turn the plate upside when sticking it to the ab plate and add the rubber trim.

Ā 

The trim is on order, and hopefully will get to me buy the end of this week

Ā 

Don't forget to round off the top corner of the kidney plate too

Ā 

Will do :salute:

Ā 

and use white velcro to attach the ribbed shoulder straps.

Ā 

I will do this also Paul :duim:

Ā 

Are you going to rivet the belt to the ab plate for uber accuracy?

Ā 

Yes I am :D

Ā 

Don't forget that the ROTJ belts only have two rivets, one at each end with the centre one left out.

Ā 

Thanks Paul! :salute:

So, after reading Pauls statemnet about the ab buttons beinbg the same colar as the ANH, I am going to do my ab plate like the last set of armor I saw at LFL, and haw I did the ab plate on my FX here is a reminder pic of it... :)

ROTJBUILD120.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing this completed mate :)

Ā 

Maybe you can PM John (stormtrooper) about the buttons but I am pretty sure they are grey and blue. I'm sure he will tell you and the proper configuration.

Ā 

*edit* I think you are using the tour suits for reference with the black buttons and not ROTJ.....there is a difference.

I'm looking forward to seeing this completed mate :)

Ā 

Maybe you can PM John (stormtrooper) about the buttons but I am pretty sure they are grey and blue. I'm sure he will tell you and the proper configuration.

Ā 

*edit* I think you are using the tour suits for reference with the black buttons and not ROTJ.....there is a difference.

Ā 

I don't know if John is active very much on this forum since the Armor History Wars :D, I messeaged him about the atatchment of the shoulder straps but you answered that with velcro thanks! :) ...Yeah I don't know now you have me second guessing myself, the picture I have of the original armor, which I can't put up here, the four buttons that are painted "look" black...but they could also be a really really dark gray too, but I don't know :unsure: I'm so confused :(

Would love to see some hi-def screen caps of the ab buttons. From what I recollect they are black, and that's why the Elite standards call them out that way (no one offered up anything different until now, either).

Would love to see some hi-def screen caps of the ab buttons. From what I recollect they are black, and that's why the Elite standards call them out that way (no one offered up anything different until now, either).

Yes, yes if anyone has them please put them up...I don't want something as small as the color of the ab buttons to hold up my build :(

Got some much needed confirmation on the color of the AB buttons :) most were painted Black, but a few were painted dark blue, The Blue is darker than what was used in ANH...I do not yet know the configuration of the colors but am in the works of hopefully doing that ;)

Ok, now that my armor is coming together, the next thing I want to do is convert my shoulder straps from ANH to ROTJ...

Ā 

ANH cut shoulder straps...

ROTJBUILD118.jpg

Ā 

I trimed the outer edges in this shot...

ROTJBUILD122.jpg

Ā 

and lastly I cut off the flats at either end,and there you go, Authentic ROTJ shoulder strapping :) ...

ROTJBUILD123.jpg

Here are some more progress pics... :)

Ā 

My knee plate preped for triming...

ROTJBUILD124.jpg

Ā 

My knee plate instaled...

ROTJBUILD125.jpg

Ā 

I'm still waiting for my trim :unsure: