TK-8280's ROTJ Armor Build[*FX]

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shoulder bells look better but......they are supposed to have straps. They are much thinner than on an ANH suit and placed higher up from the bottom egde. I'll see if I can dig out a decent pic showing them Bernard.

Ā 

Thanks Paul :salute: , on the suits I just couldn't see the strapping, or its rotted away over the last 20 years which it probably has :D but if you say it was there it probably was...but taking the existing straps off was a must as they were just too big anyways, how wide would you say the straps were?

Ok...Helmet time!!! this is a play by play of correcting those bothersome ANH screws and holes

Ā 

This is a "before" pic of my ear piece when I was taking the ANH screws out :D

Ā 

HELMET1-1.jpg

Ā 

Here are the shims that I am placing behind the holes in the ear caps...

Ā 

HELMET2-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the shims being glues into place...

helmet15.jpg

Ā 

My helper "Kat", she's sooo excited! :D

HELMET4.jpg

Ā 

The ear caps after glueing them back into place...

HELMET7.jpg

HELMET5.jpg

HELMET8.jpg

HELMET6.jpg

The elastic straps on the shoulder bells were thin, somewhere between 1/4" and 1/2" though not sure of the exact size. If you look at the pics you posted, you can see where the bells are 'pinched' and that's where the straps are. If they weren't there, they would flap like wings :P You can just see the straps on Johns ROTJ suit that is on StarWarsHelmets.com

The elastic straps on the shoulder bells were thin, somewhere between 1/4" and 1/2" though not sure of the exact size. If you look at the pics you posted, you can see where the bells are 'pinched' and that's where the straps are. If they weren't there, they would flap like wings :P You can just see the straps on Johns ROTJ suit that is on StarWarsHelmets.com

thanks Paul! :D hey, I PMed you a couple days ago, hit me back with your thoughts :salute:

You're more ambitious than me to use bondo on an otherwise completed piece

Ā 

try doin it on a whole set of clone armor, it takes SOOOooo much time to do :( I don't know what I am going to do with my suit when I'm done put it up, troop in it once in a while, or burn it :lol:

try doin it on a whole set of clone armor, it takes SOOOooo much time to do :( I don't know what I am going to do with my suit when I'm done put it up, troop in it once in a while, or burn it :lol:

Ā 

Haha, that's pretty much how I learned. Not a whole set (that would be murder), but working on one. The ting I was talking about was using bondo on something already painted and all that. Putting bondo on two pieces of recently cut sintra = ok. Putting bondo on a well done helmet with paint and decals already applied = scary

Haha, that's pretty much how I learned. Not a whole set (that would be murder), but working on one. The ting I was talking about was using bondo on something already painted and all that. Putting bondo on two pieces of recently cut sintra = ok. Putting bondo on a well done helmet with paint and decals already applied = scary

Yeah huh B) ...I guess I like to live dangerously sometimes :lol:

Hey man i think u should .pdf this baby, so far i think this should and could be pinned on the ROTJ area for all new and old alike!!!!!!

Ā 

:salute::pint1:

Hey man i think u should .pdf this baby, so far i think this should and could be pinned on the ROTJ area for all new and old alike!!!!!!

Ā 

:salute::pint1:

Thanks Joey, Isn't it your birthday today? :unsure: Well if it is Happy Birthday! :duim::salute::pint1:

Yes it is (32 Sept.!!!) thank Man!!!

Ā 

Threads your again....

Ā 

No problem Joey, Its always nice to be remembered even if its from someone on the internet in California :D ...I hope you had a great birthday :duim:

• 2 weeks later...

After all the work I have put into this FX kit, I decided that it will NEVER look ROTJ :rolleyes: , its just way too incorrect :lol: , so, I purchased an AP kit and am in the process of putting it together, while at the same time putting my clone armor together, i'm planning on having the AP ROTJ done really soon, I believe the AP has the best ROTJ look, because thats what it was casted off of :) Just a side note anbout the AP armor...It is EXTREEMLY easy to work with...all of us TK's and TK hopefulls have it so easy with the armor selection we have B)