Macrobinoculars showoff :)

Hey there troops! Yesterday I went to a camping store to get myself some webbing, man was I in for a surprise!

I am planning to make a Heavy Weapons Trooper, so eventually I will have to make myself a backpack and perhaps some other sandy accessories. Now I was strolling around the camping stuffs and found some items that made me think of that screen-used macrobinocular, used by a Sandtrooper.

Now with some scrounging through the piles of items I found some items that could prove useful to me. Now a rundown of what I used to make this little accesory:

A cheap tupperwear-wannabe container, conveniently shaped like the rangefinder/electrobinocs.

A doorhandle

2 round push-knobs for caravan doors.

1 thingy to stick into tentpoles to make them have an iron hook on it.

1 tube with attachmentring (the most expensive part as they didn't sell seperately lol)

Several wooden shish-kebob sticks

So I bondoed the attachmentring to the end of the container, added the casing of the caravandoorknobs upside-down on the lid of the container to use as eyeholes and bondoed them as well.

Put a knob upside-down next to the attachmentring for the left greeblie.

Then I drilled a hole in the place where the right greeblie should be, and cut the plastic cap to the 'cross' (so that it appears as the greeblie seen on the movie) of the tentpolethingy. Secured that with bondo and added the doorhandle as a sunscreen above the eyeholes. Added advantage were the holes in the handle to attach it. I can now put a piece of string or such through them! :D

Well here's my budget-binoc. Enjoy!

--------

The white stuff in the background is my ATA armor being made :D. Mom 'n Dad are on a holiday for a week or so so the livingroom has become my personal armor shop ;).

Vincent

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey not bad..... looks good,easy to make and for the price..... how much was it?

Bout 5 euro's for the 2 doorknobs, 3 for the doorhandle, 2.5 for the tupperware and.... bout 4 euro's for the tent cap? well paint and shish kebob thingies were allready in hand. 12.50 for the tube with ring (of which I only needed the ring :P) so yeah it could be cheaper, but heck it beats a Radica game :P.

Will add more greeblies in time.

• 2 weeks later...