RT-Mod Helmet upgrade

Hello fellow troopers!

First, a big thanks to all who have posted the positive comments on my RT gear. I hope to continue to meet expectations and provide quality armor for the 'husky' trooper :)

I don't get much chance to surf the forum but from today's looksy around I saw that many of you have questions regarding RT dimensions.

I will post the dimensions but first the main reason for this post.

I found than when I see pics of me in my gear my bucket looks ever-so-slightly too small which is quite likely due to the fact that the suit is ever-so-slightly larger than an original (due of course to my 'full-figured' physique). So I had been mulling over the idea of a bigger bucket for about a year. So...

I have begun the process of scaling up the existing RT helmet from approx 'equal to an original' to about 3% bigger and also a 6% bigger version. The up-sized versions are going to be compared for overall fit, appearance and of course space for all the goodies you guys like to cram inside, but not have the bobble head look of a certain other helmet type (apologies to owners thereof). By using a digital scan and CNC cutting the new versions are exact copies of the old. Presently I am finishing up the molds to start forming the first sets. I will of course keep the original size molds as well (for all you high metabolism, and Skywalker sized troopers :D

Feel free to PM with any thoughts.

Now the RT Dimensions:

Calves: 15" front/14" back/ 17" circum

Thighs: 16" front/ 9"back/ 26" max circum

Bicep: 7" tall/ 16.5" max circum

Forearm: 11" tall/13.5" max circum

Belt: 20 1/2 x 3 3/8

Abdomen: 23" x 11 1/2" @ top of arch. Center box detail 4" x 3"

Chest: 11 1/2" from front center of neck down to center bottom. 19" measured around from underarm across front to underarm. Front profile dia approx 14". Pectoral 'w' 10 1/2" at the widest points. Width measured across shoulder straps 10 1/2".

Back: 12" from center neck to bottom center. 16" measured around from underarm to underarm. Width at shoulder straps 10 1/2". Box detail 8" x 6 1/4"

Kidney: 7 3/4" tall x 20". Raised detail 6" wide.

Buttox: 21" wide. Box detail 6" x 3 1/2". Approx 8" tall.

Shoulders: Approx 10 1/2" tall. 12" from top along outside edge detail to bottom. 12" of wrap around.

Drop boxes: 2 1/4" x 5"

Cheers,

Rob

Glad to see you here Rob, and thanks for giving us bigger guys a great option!

Looking forward to seeing comparison pics of the new bucket. ^_^

Hi Rob, well just as i sent you a "free gift" in the mail! I see this. As much as I love my RT lid, and even being one of the "short" type's of trooper's I would love an RT bucket that was a wee bit larger...LOL...watch your mail at home ! :D

I just received my RT-Mod helmet and its amazing! Looks great, fits great, well worth the money in my opinion. I will be posting some pics of it soon, as soon as I finish up some little details on it.

I really look forward to seeing the new upgrades!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I got the new lid molds complete and ran a mock-up. I put it on the suit so you can see how it turned out. I tried taking pics of the old beside the new but the size difference doesn't show up so well on film.

The new lid is about 1/2" wider , taller and deeper. Doesn'r sound like much but when you add up the 3d area it's a big difference...especially inside.

heres the pic:

post-974-1249609651_thumb.jpg

When I got the first bucket, the only thing I could see bad was it was just a bit on the small side. Now this will help so much with things like fan's/amp's/mic's inside. Just more of that cool Canadian Know-how at work! (and I hope to see in the mail soon, :D )

That is totally awesome! Talk about death to the old FX. Rob - if you're ever open to selling me a lid I'd like to have one to see in person. I bet seeing is believing for many.

Rock on Rob! :salute:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Rob:

Actually to tell you the truth I kind like the demensions of your helmet, I thinks it's pretty much perfect. Of course since I own a suit of your armor I think my opinion might be slightly bias, LOL. :)

med_gallery_542_144_1341.jpg

IMHO it absolutley perfect. :)