DaveTheDane banned.

Daetrin

ok Nate (SL9135) - fair point, those are the rules and we should abide by em. like I often say, I have nothing against the 501, its an organssation that does alot of good. Congrats to the detachment leadership for makin this decision.

I also heard of a the new movement regarding recasting w/in the 501 following the discussions on CE, TDH and RPF. THats only a good thing. Like Mr Bungle was sayin - the more 501ers taking a hardline against recasting the better.

TK-recruit - I would thread carefully. such arguments have been had for a long number of years. we all agree wot we to is fundamentally ilegal and all infringements of IP. But there is a code of honour amongst replica prop collectors. its clearer cut on the original fan sculpts, less so with props cast of original props. I view both in the same light. recasting is stealing. sayin it doesnt matter is niave, and actually bad for the replica prop community as a whole.

i guess the idea is I see all this stuff belongs to lucasfilm. even scratch built molds. Yet those armors that are based off of original movie molds... well everone is a recaster if they came from that. If you paid for the "rights" to it... well you didn't really purchase anything other than the personal permission of the recaster that came before you.

I do agree that it is in particularly terrible form to copy a mold with no consideration given to a person who has worked hard on creating their own original molds.

I'm not "defending" recasting. I guess you could say I don't really have much of an opinion either way. It's just i'm a very contrary person if most people condemn or support one one side of an argument.. well i'll go out of my way to formulate a diffrent opinion! :)

OK, this topic has gone way off the point so I'm locking it down. There is an agreement between the 501tst and LFL with regards to using imagery. Contact your GML or GCO for more info - it's pretty public.

There are other threads for where this conversation is going.