Do you remember?

bluehickey

I can't remember the first time- it may have been Hamleys (a large toy store in London) when David Prowse, in full Vader costume, made a public appearance. I remember being really shocked when he spoke and he didn't sound right!!! I also remember there being a set of armour on display in the Museum of the Moving image in London, sadly that is now closed and I have no idea what they would have done with the armour now, I do remember it had severely yellowed.

I do remember my first trip to Dragon con a couple of years ago and being totally in awe as the 501st appeared in the parade and there was a sea of TK's and sandies etc wow, seeing one is cool, seeing an army is something else! Even writing about that now I have a wry smile on my face as I remember it!

I was the first person I ever saw in armour.

It was weird.

In front of a full length mirror wearing black legging and UA shirt, I put on the white boots and felt (and looked) like a complete idiot. Thoughts of "Oh, God, what have I done?" raced through my mind.

I put on the calf pieces, and still no improvement. The thigh pieces didn't help my buyer's remorse either.

Then I put on the ab clamshell - and there was a pause in my panic.

The breast plate made a huge difference.

The shoulder bells sealed the deal.

I was practically giddy putting on the belt, bicep, forearm pieces, and gloves.

Then I put on the helmet and disappeared.

Cool....

The closest I've gotten to see a real, live, TK is when I propped up my suit and made it look like he was standing there, by himself. Yeah, he's sitting in a box, chillaxin' in my leather coat. Still kinda kewl, though. I managed to creep out my friend's fiance with him!

post-8741-1243917700_thumb.jpg

I can't remember the first time- it may have been Hamleys (a large toy store in London) when David Prowse, in full Vader costume, made a public appearance. I remember being really shocked when he spoke and he didn't sound right!!! I also remember there being a set of armour on display in the Museum of the Moving image in London, sadly that is now closed and I have no idea what they would have done with the armour now, I do remember it had severely yellowed.

Interesting..which year was this - you think it was an original armor? I have yet to see an original ANH armor in person..no matter yellow or not, it's ANH armor!!!!!!!!!! :D

The Hamleys thing was probably 1978- the museum had the armour on display from when it opened ( My guess late 80's) until it closed about 10 years ago- I asked about the armour on one visit and was told it was donated to the museum by Lucasfilm, I have no idea what may have happened to it, I was always under the impression that the museum would re-open at a later date. I still have the museum tour guide somewhere I'll see if I can find it as I'm sure it has something in it about the armour.

Good Day guy's! I've been at CT Net and doing other thing's and not been here much. Right now I'm waiting on my "short" size Clone Trooper armor to come in the mail! I'll post some of the build pic's here too if all would like. I dont know if this counts as for real but i'll post it too. In Vancouver (that's BC Canada) we have a TV Telethon in February on every year as far as I can remember. Hint I still remember watching "Allen Funt's" Candid Camera on TV! The year I can't recall but it must have been the late 70's . The people running the show made a big thing in TV ad's that "Darth Vader" and the Imperial Army would be on. I could'nt get my older brother's to go with me to be in the audience, you could get in free. With big fan fair the big event came and Vader came on stage with two TK's. One of the trooper's had his back plate on front and his chest plate on his back! After a brake the show came back on and it was back the way it should be. I remember this well. It was in 81 that I joind the Canadian Forces and found out that we used the same (Canadian Type) of Sterling, or S.M.G as the 'Storm Trooper's". I found out just before I joined so became a Weapons Technician, and as just a Private, (only Officer's and Sgt's got to play with them on field training) got to play with them all the time!

In all honesty, to this day I have never seen anyone in person in white armor so short of the Armor Party on June20th in Logan, UT (if anyone shows up in white armor).

I will if fact be the first person that I have ever seen dressed in White Armor.

What a very interesting idea this thread has brought up. :huh: