TK9254 requesting EI status

Well, here goes. FX armor MRCE mod lid.

I think if I find someway to bring the chestplate down a bit the shoulder bells will come forward...

Derek043.jpg

This one looks a bit better I think...

Derek041.jpg

Vaderdave buttons...

Derek042.jpg

Crack-not-a-lackin'...

Derek040.jpg

Derek039.jpg

Derek045.jpg

Derek044.jpg

Derek047.jpg

Smitty's excellent green lenses...

Derek031.jpg

Derek033.jpg

Derek035.jpg

Derek032.jpg

Hasbro mod. Instead of flat black I used Krylon Hammered Metallic Black; hope that's OK...

Derek019.jpg

Derek026.jpg

Derek025.jpg

Derek023.jpg

Derek030.jpg

Derek028.jpg

Working folding stock...

Derek029.jpg

Derek049.jpg

Of course, open for suggestions. Thanks for looking. And thanks for all the help from FISD!

Your almost there trooper.

A few tweaks that need to be made to the armor. The drop box straps need to be shortened, the boxes should almost be touching the belt. The thermal detonator is upside down, and the rivet heads on the thigh boxes need to be painted white.

I'll hold my blaster critique for the moment.

I had the same problem with my chest plate riding up and shoulders riding back. Billy Haggis showed me a way to strap the ab piece to the chest piece, it solved both problems.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=5749

In addition to shortening the drop box straps, I suggest attaching them to the plastic utility belt instead of the canvas part, and using 1" wide straps across the biceps (it looks like you have 2" straps). :)

The mag on the side of the blaster seems too long, and is curving the opposite direction.

Also I don't think a printer cartridge can be used as a counter. :P

The front of the e-11 might also be wrong I think. It may need to be rotated 180 degrees. But I'm not sure.

Yeah, Manny, the blaster is an utter failure and a disaster. I'm highly disappointed in myself since I don't have the skill to mod a Hasbro. Thanks for the honesty.

Where can I buy a presentable, EI worthy blaster for under $100 (if it exists)?

Thanks Terrell and Brian for the armor critiques and very helpful suggestions. I will get back to work this weekend...

You other guys PLEASE give me more critiques and help for my checklist. I want to get this rig to look as good as I can with my limited skill. I am taking all the constructive criticism very well and will continue to do so.

Don't be afraid to weigh in! (Although I already know the blaster is disaster :rolleyes: )

Thanks everyone!

If your not afraid to handle a resin gun (it can break if dropped) then go with makerofthings. He makes nice resin kits that are very accurate.

If you want something more sturdy, then keep the hasbro and shoot stomper a pm for a new mag and counter.

That's your best bet for under $100.

If you can manage to save $225, then checkout sci-fire.com

They make hyperfirm rubber guns that do not break, and are lightweight. The best thing to have when trooping in my opinion.

Ok somethings you are aware of and some things have been pointed out but i noticed..

The shoulder bells could do with being closer to the shoulder bridges and further forward.

Your canvas belt looks to be a little thin, it looks 2 inches wide where it wants to be 3 inches wide.

The drop boxes straps are too low and need to be attatched near the end of the plastic amo belt part.

The way you have closed the side gaps looks a little messy. Im guessing you have used the old plastic belt. I would suggest a single piece of whatever your using to neaten things up.

The td is on up side down.

Blaster needs some attention.

These are miner tweaks needed to make your armour look the best. Keep up the good work.

All points well taken. Thanks brothers.

And all fixable things I think/hope. You're right- I used left over belt pieces for the side gaps and yes, they do look un-Imperial. I'm thinking of using one piece of thinner plastic that also matches the armor... making it one piece somehow. Or losing 100 lbs. :lol:

I will reposition shoulder bells and drop boxes. I will also widen the canvas belt; probably start from scratch. My assistant put the td on. :rolleyes:

Manny suggested that the muzzle is turned 180 degrees the wrong way. I think he's right. Can someone confirm please? Thanks.

Seriously thanks for the constructive tips. If anyone sees anything else please let me know.

"Into exile, I must go. *Failed*, I have."

Just kidding. "I"ll be back..." ;)

A new blaster and a few costume adjustments, and you'll be all set. :duim:

The makerofthings blaster looks like an ESB E-11 (no Hengstler counter), does he sell ANH blasters?

I have a MakerOfThings blaster. The counter is included, but the blaster is fragile, and needs some TLC to get put together. I troop with the Hasbor just because it's lite and durable.