Walmart voice changer?

Hi!

I am going to troop for the first time this weekend and i just wonder if the walmart voicechanger is loud enought to put behind the chestplate? Or were do you guys put it? If I putt it behind the cheast plate should i put the speaker against the plastic or against the body?

thanks for help

Andreas

I am currently using the Wal mart voice changer and it works well, in some setups you can experience feedback issues. A better option is the SCOTT repirator voice amp found on Ebay for $10 because it has a volume control which can be used to eliminate the feedback quite easily if you encounter it.

I am currently using the Wal mart voice changer and it works well, in some setups you can experience feedback issues. A better option is the SCOTT repirator voice amp found on Ebay for $10 because it has a volume control which can be used to eliminate the feedback quite easily if you encounter it.

thanks !

Were have you mounted your walmart? Chestplate,belt?

i am thinking of the belt but that might not look to good :)

I have the respirator voice amp too and the sound is very good; louder than the WalMart vc.

For the price you can't beat it.

----------

It says "item has ended" but scroll down and you can still order one. Very fast shipping in my experience.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Daric LaRone said:
I have the respirator voice amp too and the sound is very good; louder than the WalMart vc.

For the price you can't beat it.
-----------

It says "item has ended" but scroll down and you can still order one. Very fast shipping in my experience.

thanks mate!

So that is all i have to buy! is there a mic or will i have to buy that sepretlay?

brgds Andreas

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 4 weeks later...
It does come with the mic. Good for relatively new troopers, like me. :0Lighten:

I did my first troop whit walmart and when i did put it behind the chest it was all good until i did put on the helmet then it started to peep ( backsound or what its called) Is teher any way to get rid of this...can i put somthing on the mic to get rid of it?..I got rid of it if i did put the speaker at my back...but i dont want it there though :)

Thansk

Andreas

What I have experienced is the Wal Mart kit will work well with screencast armor but it will feedback pretty bad with FX armor with it behind the chest plate. Wouldnt think it would matter much but I guess the way the armor is shaped has something to do with it. The Scott Respirator Small Talk amp is clearly the better of the two units.

What I have experienced is the Wal Mart kit will work well with screencast armor but it will feedback pretty bad with FX armor with it behind the chest plate. Wouldnt think it would matter much but I guess the way the armor is shaped has something to do with it. The Scott Respirator Small Talk amp is clearly the better of the two units.

I really have been lucky with feed back. i had the Walmart VC in my fx and I never really had any trouble with feedback with the unit wired to aerator speakers. The most important thing was the position of the microphone to my mouth. Too close, and you'll get a little feedback. Too far away, no feedback, but not loud. You have to find the "Sweet spot".

I now have the Scott Respirator in my TE2 with aerator speakers and it is the same. (Slightly louder though).

I really have been lucky with feed back. i had the Walmart VC in my fx and I never really had any trouble with feedback with the unit wired to aerator speakers. The most important thing was the position of the microphone to my mouth. Too close, and you'll get a little feedback. Too far away, no feedback, but not loud. You have to find the "Sweet spot".

I now have the Scott Respirator in my TE2 with aerator speakers and it is the same. (Slightly louder though).

I have a wally wired through my stomper aerators in my FX and I have really no problem so far although I have yet to use it for extended periods of time.