my build/ your opinions[*FX]

Very nice! The only thing that pops out to my untrained eye is that your boot tops aren't covered by the bottom of your shin armor. I don't know if that's important, but it was one thing I was told be looking for when buying boots.

Great to see another UK trooper! :D Yep, those look like a low cut jodhpur boot. You'll need taller ones to stay under the shin armour. Good luck with your clearance! :D

Great to see another UK trooper! :D Yep, those look like a low cut jodhpur boot. You'll need taller ones to stay under the shin armour. Good luck with your clearance! :D

mmm see what you mean, they are an over the ankle type, but i lifted my calf pieces up so the gap between calf/knee and thigh didnt look to big, 6ft 5 is pushing it on an fx maybe.....

I can see from the pics that you are taller than the average trooper and i think you did well to spread out the armour and the black gaps are not soo bad.

I cant see from the pics have you split the butt and lower back? that will need to be seen for elite ;)

I can see from the pics that you are taller than the average trooper and i think you did well to spread out the armour and the black gaps are not soo bad.

I cant see from the pics have you split the butt and lower back? that will need to be seen for elite ;)

S5000303.jpg

yep, above is a close up of my butt......

and sides infilled.. does my velcro that holds my chest to back need to be higher so it cant be seen over the abbs ?

side.jpg

side2.jpg

A couple tips for being tall and hiding the black. you can cut the cot right below the belt and put in a 2 inch spacer that will be behind the belt but will give the ab plate the illusion of being longer. Also raise the thighs if you can, the black gap between the thighs and ab plate is more noticeable that the one at the knees.

Overall it looks great, especially for your height. If you want to get really nitpicky the only thing I see is the drop box straps could be shortened a bit, and the biceps look like they are a hair big on your arms.

Actually you may want to swap out those FX thighs for RT - they will fit you better. Terrell is also a taller trooper and it would be good to heed his words.

I think you'll be an easy pass for 501st - the tweaks we're talking about I used to call "liner notes" when I was a GML, e.g. you're in but these are items you'd want to tweak.

Once you have 501st I think your Elite should be smooth.

A couple tips for being tall and hiding the black. you can cut the cot right below the belt and put in a 2 inch spacer that will be behind the belt but will give the ab plate the illusion of being longer. Also raise the thighs if you can, the black gap between the thighs and ab plate is more noticeable that the one at the knees.

Overall it looks great, especially for your height. If you want to get really nitpicky the only thing I see is the drop box straps could be shortened a bit, and the biceps look like they are a hair big on your arms.

I have cut the ab plate but only put a small gap in to assist in bending over, but i will add in a spacer as suggested, as i will do the drops, and the biceps that or maybe go to the gym !! :o

Are the RT thighs longer than the fx ?

I believe the RT thighs cover more of the back. Will have to find that pix that Boozel posted - it shows a side by side comparison.

-- digs to search engine --