Screen accurate holsters

That's what I was thinking too. This was a captured frame that was done just to test the quality of image I could get, when I noticed the colored difference in the straps. They almost look like a completely seperate type of material that attatched to the holster. I would also agree that it would appear that the straps were riveted or something to both the holster and belt. I'm going to try and capture some more frames later to see if I can find any closer, clearer images. This is the first time I've been able to capture frames like this so I'm pretty excited about all the detailed images soon to be in my archive.

Hi guys , long time lurker , first time poster !

If you have a closer look at the trooper next to R2 , his straps are the same colour as his holster ( like we assume is normal ) . Probably a case of using whatever they had on hand ? A quick and dirty field replacement on set ?

Dave .

Hi guys , long time lurker , first time poster !

If you have a closer look at the trooper next to R2 , his straps are the same colour as his holster ( like we assume is normal ) . Probably a case of using whatever they had on hand ? A quick and dirty field replacement on set ?

Dave .

I agree! this movie didn't have the highest budget :lol:

If you have a closer look at the trooper next to R2 , his straps are the same colour as his holster ( like we assume is normal ) .

If you look closer, the right one appears natural. They may look black due to being in shadow, although it wouldn't surprise me if they were inconsistent.

• 6 months later...
yeah, they used tape for alot of stuff :D

Some of the belets I was working with in April didnt have rivets although the majority did. Surprisingly the budget was nil and thye also used STAPLES. Yes.. plain old staples to attach the holsters. Most were natural undyed reversed leather for the straps. one or two were black dyed but still reversed.

Hope this helps.

TE