newbie with a question!

Hey guys! Total newbie here with the forums and SW trooper outfits as well.

Thing is i've already ordered a FX armor only kit(i think this is the FXlite) and i'm really pondering on getting the best value MR helmet..

now i've tried searching on amazon and this is what i've found..

-----------

what version is this? is this the CE?

Thanks very much for all the help!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

TomaToNOR said:
At that price, that is most likely the CE. MR only made 2 versions (AFAIK), the Limited Edition and the Collectors Edition.

Thanks for the help! I guess this would be the same helmet right?

-------------------

Btw is there a newbie link so i can get info on all the types of helmets? mostly by price range and quality?

i know the CE is a good starter helmet for one such as myself who is new to the hobby, but what comes above it? price and quality? would it be the TE2?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

theres a lot to consider in making a lid choice. price, material, availability.

reason theres no 'table' for comparison is that people make their choice based on the 3 things above.

in terms of quality - theres the major separation between the likes of DP lids and those available here.

those available here are FX, AP, TE2, TM. And DL has a new sculpt I believe.

MR CE is certainly a good starter lid. Licenced. Good price. But symmetrical.

Its something you are going to search through the forums and decide for yourself.

questions to ask:

(1) purpose = display or for trooping?

(2) material = ABS - stronger, but not as detailed, HIPS - not as strong as ABS, but sharper detail

(3) cash = all screen accurate/screen like (ie asymmetrtical) are upwards of $200

(4) availability = TE2 not pullin helmets atm, but some may come up for sale in the For Sale section

if u looking for picture comparisons - look up star wars helmets.com

lastly - avoid ebay, avoid recasts.

hope that helps.

Nate

theres a lot to consider in making a lid choice. price, material, availability.

reason theres no 'table' for comparison is that people make their choice based on the 3 things above.

in terms of quality - theres the major separation between the likes of DP lids and those available here.

those available here are FX, AP, TE2, TM. And DL has a new sculpt I believe.

MR CE is certainly a good starter lid. Licenced. Good price. But symmetrical.

Its something you are going to search through the forums and decide for yourself.

questions to ask:

(1) purpose = display or for trooping?

(2) material = ABS - stronger, but not as detailed, HIPS - not as strong as ABS, but sharper detail

(3) cash = all screen accurate/screen like (ie asymmetrtical) are upwards of $200

(4) availability = TE2 not pullin helmets atm, but some may come up for sale in the For Sale section

if u looking for picture comparisons - look up star wars helmets.com

lastly - avoid ebay, avoid recasts.

hope that helps.

Nate

Thanks again for the help!

Also you need to decide whether you want or care if the helmet is symmetrical which is not film accurate but looks more "real" or if you want a helmet that's more "warts and all" that shows the production flaws of the actual props. Considering you're starting with FX armor which is more stylized than more "accurate" armor, go with a modded MRCE.

Also you need to decide whether you want or care if the helmet is symmetrical which is not film accurate but looks more "real" or if you want a helmet that's more "warts and all" that shows the production flaws of the actual props. Considering you're starting with FX armor which is more stylized than more "accurate" armor, go with a modded MRCE.

Coming from you guys now i'm really deciding on getting the MRCE..i'm having difficulty finding the forum where there are step by step mods into making the MRCE "acceptable" anyone have the link?

Oh and btw, i have a friend who's telling me that they have fiber glass versions of the helmet and that its better..i thought differently coz i know that FG helmets get scratches and are heavy :P anyone know about this?

Thanks again brothers!

as far as I am aware - all FG TK lids are gonna be recasts of existing helmets off here; therefore would avoid.

I have used FG for other lids, boba, clones. Not that bad.

links - I did an idiots guide to MRCE modding with all pics and all. IN fact the thread is in this section at he botom of the page if you look.

or if better, can re-post all the pics from that original thread on UKG forums on here in the tutorials section? not sure if thats a done thing ie can I re-post a whole WIP again on a diff forum?

the original one I used by wannabetrooper (Luis?) - no longer has pics

Nate

as far as I am aware - all FG TK lids are gonna be recasts of existing helmets off here; therefore would avoid.

I have used FG for other lids, boba, clones. Not that bad.

links - I did an idiots guide to MRCE modding with all pics and all; perhaps sticky mods? IN fact the thread is in this section at he botom of the page if you look.

or if better, can re-post all the pics from that original thread on UKG forums on here

the original one I used by wannabetrooper (Luis?) - no longer has pics

Nate

Thanks nate!

Just for info..would you happen to have price ranges for all the different Helmets that are out there? The only price i know of would be the MRCE which is around 120-140 bucks...

Sorry Luis we don't talk about prices ;). But a rule of thumb is the more accurate the helmet is, the more it costs.

Oooh..sorry about that! :D

Thanks for all the info guys!