question abt AP thighs

right guys - I'm bbbaaacckkk building armour again

havent forgotten my TE2, but personal life/troubles means I have shelved it temporarily (all but snaps to do now :D)

in the mean time, a mate has asked me to help with his AP thighs. been trawling through here and stukas armour builds and the question I have has to do with the end bit of the thigh, just above the knee. For my example I will talk abt the right thigh.

The outer half has a seam line, and right at the edge, the seam line has a rasied bit. On the inner half, the seam line is flat throughout its length

-------

in stuka build (hope u dont mind the mention pete)- he seems to have molded the flat edge up to meet the raised edge

however, I noted in TK2416 build thread (post #31)-----------

that he glued the main seam line together and then filled the gap with silicone. I must admit, this is prbably the say I am going.

what have the rest of you AP builders done?

Nate

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I think what i did was use the modeling iron to shape the flate part.Once it was glued i used a file then sanded with wet and dry .The ANH strip covers most of the errors.

i knew this was going to be a problem so on trimming i left enough material to adjust the lip again with the iron.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Hmm... Seems like I lined up the bottom and used the modeling iron on the top. That kept me from re-forming everything at the bottom. Reforming the top was much easier. Either way, you're going to have to throw some heat on that bad boy to re-shape one end or the other.