Help: How to: Where do I cut the FX Cod Piece?

I would like to separate the cod piece from the Ab plate to allow for better mobility on my FX armor. Can someone post a pic for me to demonstrate exactly where I should separate the two pieces? Thank you so much!

OK, at the bottom of this page, ----- there was a good tutorial for cutting the cod piece. One more question though, is it OK to put a snap on the ab piece to keep the belt from sliding down? I didn't have aproblem with the belt slipping with the ABS belt because I had rubber attached to the back to keep it in place. But now, with the cod piece cut and canvas belt on, as soon as I put my E-11 in the holster, it starts sliding down my side.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I've got snaps and straps from my abdomen/back to my cod piece/butt and also bits of velcro on my belt and also going around my armor to stop anything from slipping.

Sory no pics as the cameas out on loan!!

Hope that helps

Thank you! I was about to attach the snaps in the same area last night, but decided to wait to make sure that I wasn't making a huge mistake. -I'll be adding the snaps tonight.

I would like to separate the cod piece from the Ab plate to allow for better mobility on my FX armor. Can someone post a pic for me to demonstrate exactly where I should separate the two pieces? Thank you so much!

OK, this is just my $.02, but cutting the cod piece does not really give you any benefit. I am sure there may be some who disagree, but I cut my first FX, and shortly there after regretted it. I have redone my TK and converted the FX to a TD, and got a new ab piece and left them both intact.

Again, just one troopers opinion.

Scott

You said it. There are some seriosly funny stories about troopers trying to hit the head with a suit of armor on. The funniest one was about a non costumed brother helping his clone brother with teh armor in the stall... I still laugh when I think about it. :trooper:

.02 cents thrown in here. I did have to use the restroom at an event, and cutting the cod did help with how much armor I had to remove.

Honestly, I don't recommend trying to use the restroom in armor, it's awkward to say the least :D