AP Armor Buils

OK, here are some pics of what I've done so far. I've rough trimmed the arm pieces and large body parts. I plan on trimming the leg pieces and then start on arms for real. My model iron hasn't come in yet but a friend may be able to loan me one, if not I'll have to wait for mine to arrive before I complete any pieces.

I'm not even going to think about the belt or helmet right now since firebladejedi won't be able to ship me a canvass belt until after the new year and I don't know when stomper will have my hovi's ready but again I don't plan on getting them for several weeks.

For my rough trimming I'm using a heated exacto with the assistance of tin snips.

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

Total progress for today:

Thighs and Shins rough trimmed,

Biceps and Forearms assembled,

total destruction of my workroom. ;)

I am going for the ANH with trim look which turned out to be a bigger P.I.T.A. than I had imagined but I prevailed and now feel confident enough to tackle the infamous AP legs... mwahahaha... a few more pics.

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

A couple of me being silly and one of my messy workroom.

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

Thought I'd show how I was attaching the Ab piece to the Kidney piece. I'm skinny enough that the two pieces touch but I couldn't get enough overlap on both sides to attach with just the two pieces. On one side I riveted the two pieces to a third piece behinf them and on the other side I riveted the kidney peice to a plate on the inside and used industrial velcro between that back piece and the Ab piece. Here are a few pics so that makes sense.

This is the velcroed side, notice I put 3 decorative rivets on the Ab piece on this side.

IMG_1605.jpg

On this side all 6 rivets are functional.

IMG_1606.jpg

And one on the inside on the velcro side of the armor.

IMG_1607.jpg

Update on my progress, the last two days have been calf pieces and strapping.

Today's goal is to paint the inner portions of the bucket black and to strap the biceps and bells to the chest/back piece.

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

• 2 months later...

Is the plate that has rivets on both sides of the gap rivited to a piece of abs? If so you most likely will split that piece in the future. I thick piece of rubber (white) is better. No worries for now, you can just wait till it breaks.

• 2 weeks later...