Size of Thermal Detonator / O2 Tank for Elite?

My TD came with my SDS armour and is about 20cm long. It has a plastic belt clip riveted to the back (see photos.)

Is the size acceptable, or does it need trimmed down? Does the plastic clip need replaced with metal?

Thanks. :)

DSCF1189.thumb.jpg.092bc4e5ea85d3da5a4f10cd17f2791b.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Aaron

Marcel had the same thing with his SDS and eventually decided to cut it down

Its not an Elite requirement but it does make it look more screen accurate :)

Here's my post to his question

Billhag said:
Marcel

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to stir things up, it was just an observation :(

I'm only going by what I've seen on screen used suits and to me the one in your photo

looked a wee bit long, didn't know it was an SDS but I think AA might of miscalculated

it a little bit

I think you can work it out roughly by taking the proportions / dimentions that you know

to be a constant. So if you look at the screen shot of the back of the stoormtrooper we

can safely say that the rectangular section that follows through from the kidney plate to

the butt is a known measurement, so from that you can work out as near as possible what

the TD size should roughly be.

:)

I couldn't find the photo of his one that he shortened, but it looks rather spiffin :)

Hope this helps matey

Oh and Congratulations Mark for your 1000th, every one a bloody gem mate :salute:

Congrats, Mark. 1000 posts deserves a...

m-falcom.gif

;)

Billy, thanks for the pics... again! :D

I will be chopping this bad boy down to size. It does look freakishly large.

*edit:

Done! It's now 19.00cm / 7½" It actually wasn't all that far out. I re- and re-measured and found it was 19.06cm. The plate in the middle wasn't very centred, so the 6mm came off one end. :D

Yup mine looked way better cut down, glad I did it. My plastic clip has been fine so far, I did add abit of velcro to it so it sticks to my armour and my belt. Just so it makes it a little harder for little fingers to pull it off without me realising it. ;)