Quite simply I was wondering if there is any way that mobility cuts (on leg armour) would pass a UKG CRL approval? I’m aware that the actors/pops/wardrobe did in fact cut their armour and this features in ANH (Death Star Hangar). 

IMG_0191.jpeg

Edited by Generalsneers
Spelling

Hi Chris, 

Yes mobility cuts will pass approval providing...Any mobility cuts on back of piece do not go past raised ridges for level 3.

3 hours ago, Generalsneers said:

Quite simply I was wondering if there is any way that mobility cuts (on leg armour) would pass a UKG CRL approval? I’m aware that the actors/pops/wardrobe did in fact cut their armour and this features in ANH (Death Star Hangar). 

IMG_0191.jpeg

I have some on mine, if you are worried pop some masking tape on and draw your proposed cut line on and get an armourer to sign off on it.  So long as you follow reference you shouldn’t have any issues. 

5 hours ago, Generalsneers said:

Just make sure you are not too tall, mobility cuts can work for those with shorter legs, but with long legs it can show A LOT of black area.

If it's a case of you want more leg bending, most can't bend legs fully.

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Just make sure you are not too tall, mobility cuts can work for those with shorter legs, but with long legs it can show A LOT of black area.

If it's a case of you want more leg bending, most can't bend legs fully.

It is, I’m 5’8” so find the leg armour makes me move like C-3P0. 

• Like 1