FO gasket help

This may be helpful

There is no standard size for the piping in the CRL.

References;

large.341827579_TFALArmdetail25.jpg.e0c2

large.star-wars-tfa-stormtrooper-rt-arm-

• Like 1

Fabric gaskets ftw in many scenarios: lighter, more flexible, and from more than a few feet away most fans don't notice. I wonder what the Disney folks do, does anyone know?

Thanks for the suggestions and replies. I think I found a decent alternative for non latex that’s not super complicated and simple. I am sewing piping tape around an old long sleeve shirt I have. I cut it off about mid fore arm and started sewing ring by ring. I bought it on Amazon for 14.99 for 50 yards. It about the rise for the gasket ridges when sewn together and the T-shirt was free since I didn’t need it anymore..it’s only for the hot days here in Arizona and quick setup to have my armor ready for may4th.. I still plan to get latex ones for the authentic look. 

I definitely like this solution. I've been experimenting a bunch lately to make cloth gaskets (getting ready for summer) that are integrated into a spandex top I can just pull on. (same with knees). 
I am trying to make thin neoprene behave but my sewing machine is having issues and my sewing skills are such that it is not so easy.  Being able to loop around and not have to fashion the "tubes" would be helpful. 
Great idea. Please post your results! :) 

So i started sewing it but running into bunching issues and not getting the spacing i wanted with it correctly so I changed it up. after i sewed up the first couple lines it created a nice flare I'm going to use to tuck in the forearm pieces and took the cord and apply a nice thin layer of fabric glue and lay the cording over it and just wrap. Place more glue down and wrap and repeat but this way there is no breaks in the cording that is wrapped around the shirt. I am using a neck pillow wrapped with some newspaper on the inside (newspaper is so I don't ruin the neck pillow, my wife would kill me lmao). I use the neck pillow for a nice snug fit. I do sections at a time, about 4-6 inch sections. Wait for the glue to dry, then shimmy adjust the paper and glue and wrap. I also plan to sew along the seam lines and opposite of the seam lines to create a nice stable sewn structure as well for it so it shouldn't come undone. This will minimize sewing and hold it all together. That's the plan anyway. I've spent about 20$ on these gaskets so far. It is rather time consuming but i watch some tv while doing it. I'm loving the way its turning out, the ridges are nice and defined and its made of cloth so i wont die out in the AZ heat. I will keep sharing as I go. I will also continue to post results as I go and I'm taking pictures of my full First order build from 850 armor works so i can post my steps for others along the way as well. 

IMG_6714.jpg.83ce55b88f2edf44e496531b59d181b6.jpgIMG_6708.jpg.d3c597b1dae2e53a5362fcde53dbf2a6.jpg

• Like 1