Starting Captain Enoch

Veist

7 hours ago, Veist said:

I realized that the knee block has angled lower corners like the figure and the rest of the nighttroopers

FGuHb85.png

That's pretty standard for ROTK's

knee.jpg

• Like 1

Some painting updates. Im painting the golden cracks and do weathering when the chestplate is ready, to make it all the same. Kama still the old, but the size of the parts look good i think. Probably have to make the main belt bigger.

GRoqbe4.jpeg

V3DYKBq.jpeg

4Ft1It7.jpeg

NPukGKU.jpeg

qwe06cD.jpeg

• Like 1

You may need to reduce the size of your shins as you have a lot of room space showing in them and they do look a little large from the front.

V3DYKBq.jpeg

Posted (edited)
vor 47 Minuten schrieb gmrhodes13:

You may need to reduce the size of your shins as you have a lot of room space showing in them and they do look a little large from the front.

V3DYKBq.jpeg

Yeah i thought about that too, but i dont really know how i can do that. Dunno how and where i can make it tighter. This is the standard size of 850armorworks shins

Edited by Veist

Posted (edited)
vor 19 Stunden schrieb gmrhodes13:

V3DYKBq.jpeg

I think i found a possibility. I can make a straight cut at the sides, and overlap the front with the back. That will make it tighter and i just have to clean the line.

Update: I have now cutted, and glueing right now. We will see in a few days how the result is, but the fitting fest looked good.

Edited by Veist
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

So i mistook the right and left shin. The openings are now are the outside. Although i did not found any clue in the crl if it has to be so or they have to be on the inside.

What i will do: cover the cracks with abs sludge and remake them on the correct leg, so that the opening will be on the inside

Edited by Veist

8 hours ago, Veist said:

So i mistook the right and left shin. The openings are now are the outside. Although i did not found any clue in the crl if it has to be so or they have to be on the inside.

What i will do: cover the cracks with abs sludge and remake them on the correct leg, so that the opening will be on the inside

If you reference the ROTK images you can tell it's outside over inside, it's pretty much the same with most costumes (same as the thighs)

large.28089831290_5985f0215e_o.jpg.9a939

Note position of the cover strips too, closer to the outside

large.680545354_rotkthighshin1.thumb.jpg

They are coser

vor 21 Stunden schrieb gmrhodes13:

If you reference the ROTK images you can tell it's outside over inside, it's pretty much the same with most costumes (same as the thighs)

large.28089831290_5985f0215e_o.jpg.9a939

Note position of the cover strips too, closer to the outside

large.680545354_rotkthighshin1.thumb.jpg

They are closer to the outside. a little more central than the pics although, but more on the outside

It's definitely an area many have to play with, appears you have the width in the sides/wings and also the neck. 

Posted (edited)

So i heard some use gold leaf to make the gold areas.

Will that be necessary or is "normal" gold color like mine fine too? Since my gold color matches the gold of the show 

Edit: i saw in the CRL creation thread that gold leaf for the cracks is just for Lvl 3 certification?

Edited by Veist

10 minutes ago, Veist said:

Will that be necessary or is "normal" gold color like mine fine too? Since my gold color matches the gold of the show 

Edit: i saw in the CRL creation thread that gold leaf for the cracks is just for Lvl 3 certification?

Won't know for sure until the CRL is finalized, there has been little input there to date, but I would think it would be L2 or L3 and not required for basic.

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb gmrhodes13:

Won't know for sure until the CRL is finalized, there has been little input there to date, but I would think it would be L2 or L3 and not required for basic.

Thanks for that. Since i painted already everything gold and my last time working with gold leaf ended in a catastrophe (my whole room was golden) :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Veist said:

Thanks for that. Since i painted already everything gold and my last time working with gold leaf ended in a catastrophe (my whole room was golden) :(

Definitely a difficult product to apply, I've used it in the past and ended up picking up little pieces of gold leaf for months :laugh1:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Veist said:

16 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

As Glen says, it's not final but as it stands no leaf until Lvl3.  I suspect that will stand for cracks, but I do want to ask about if we want leaf for the armour, not cracks, at level 2 as it is such a major part of the look of this costume. Though I can't imagine basic ever requiring it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So, a bunch of photos:

First, the blaster. Definitely bigger than i thought^^

Second, the chest and backplate, assembled with tape

Third, me holding the chest as a size reference, yes i need to adjust the abs-plate

Then my figurine with the helm, chest/back and the abs-plate

TGk9YDl.jpeg

DpuZ5ek.jpeg

Kn3oQ1U.jpeg

H8rPt3b.jpeg

aEl2oR7.jpeg

TKdGGpT.jpeg

There is some evidence in the show, that the top of his abs-plate is visible under the chest/back. If not allowed, i have to cut the abs-plate 

Edited by Veist