Return Edge Cracks

I have some small cracks on the return edges of my chest plate and back plate that have developed overtime since I began wearing the full kit. Thankfully, none have extended past the return edge and onto the main section of the armor yet.

I am familiar with the fabric/CA glue method, but I do not have any white fabric with me. I do, however, have ABS scraps, which has led me to consider repairing the cracks with small plastic strips applied on the inside with CA glue (JB Superweld is my personal go-to, very nice stuff).

Has anyone here done it this way, and how well has it served you? I take it the extra plastic would act as reinforcement, so the affected area does not crack again.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

I've tried a few methods but found JB weld 2 part glue with abs strips work best for me. JB weld can also be sanded and painted if need be. 

I don't find CA or superglue very strong in areas which may flex.

• Like 1

I'm with Glen on this, now doing several crack repairs, the ABS backing and CA glue has been the most successful for me.

I have also used the T-shirt material and CA glue, but the ABS piece leaves a nice clean look in comparison.

• Like 1