Chest and back plate connections

aulb89

Do you guys normally attach your upper chest and back plates with elastic, etc.? I have also seen some that use velcro to attach the chest to the ab plate. My chest plate sticks out at an angle instead of resting on my ab piece so I was trying to find the best solution. Thanks.

I have my chest plate attached to by ab plate via elastic. I connected via snaps to the chest plate and abs plate... Keep the chest plate from sliding around and keeps it in place.

I trimmed my chest and back plates so they would fit more flush with the ab plate, I use elastic to attach the chest and back plates so they are free from the ab plate, it allows me to be more mobile in my armor, and doesn't restrict movement, I'm happy with it :)

Do you mean along the tops, or on the sides, or both?

I meant on the sides. My goal is to bring the chest plate more "flush" against the top of the ab plate without sticking out, moving around, etc.

Thanks for the ideas.

• 5 weeks later...

Some pix - here is my ab plate (FX)

cyVlHc4.jpg

Looking at the right side (chest & back)

w7syase.jpg

Upper Back plate

aupSnVW.jpg

To size the straps, I make them extra long and shorten with a safety pin. Each troop I adjust it a bit, and when it's the perfect length I either leave it alone or create a new strap of that length.