Codpiece/Kidney Plate Overlap

When I put on my torso armor, my codpiece overlaps my kidney plate when I finally tighten my canvas belt and close it up in the back. Have any of you encountered this problem and trimmed either the former, latter or both to get the ends to properly butt up against one another? If so, which piece did you do? If you trimmed both, did you take more off (proportionally) from one or the other?

Thanks! :td:

Photos would be a great idea so we can better help to see any possible issues, text isn't quite enough, kidney does not go with codpiece the abdomen does, kidney goes with posterior.

Which armor OTTK or FOTK?

What height are you?

13 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Photos would be a great idea so we can better help to see any possible issues, text isn't quite enough, kidney does not go with codpiece the abdomen does, kidney goes with posterior.

Which armor OTTK or FOTK?

What height are you?

My apologies if I mixed up the terms, I simply know the abdomen as the codpiece. I have an original trilogy TK, and I'm 5'9", 145-150 lb. The red line indicates the edge of the abdomen plate, and the blue line indicates (roughly) where the edge of the kidney plate lies underneath.

I've considered trimming the abdomen, since the kidney plate already lines up pretty well at the middle of my torso. I'd be doing this mainly so the rivets on the left side are all visible.

Torso (Left Side).jpg

Torso (Right Side).jpg

You really want to have the armor parallel to your body, in the first photo the abdomen and cod are slanted baackwards.

Albeit I'm not the skinniest person I have seen in armor I have 2 x 2 inch blocks of foam behind my abdomen to help push the abdomen out so when I close my belt it doesn't squash the sides together. 

You may also want to try close the gap between the posterior and kidney, some use V tabs to help that issue or tighter strapping more towards the ends.

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

A few threads for those of the smaller frame may give you some ideas of how to trim.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38842-fragarocks-rs-stunt-build-not-to-scale/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42868-sha-shas-wtf-anh-stunt-build-complete/

• Like 1

I can contribute to this one.  Notice on mine there is both the padding and the "V" clips to straighten it all out.  Not hard to do and I was terrified to do any mods to the armor but I'm happy I did as it fits much better.  Bart

XDTxyJu.jpg

• Like 2