Washing Your Armor

Starting on my first Stormtrooper build and I have a question that hopefully you can all help me out with.  When you glue your armor to your under suit how do you wash it?  Help, I don't want to wear a costume that stinks.  The Empire will feed me to a sarlacc for my rancid smell.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Lucas Kon said:

How did you attach your armor to your under suit if you didn’t glue it directly to the fabric?   Do you use Velcro?   Thanks!

This may help, all of the strapping is glued to the armor it does not get glued to your undersuit. Most use snaps and elastic but some use Velcro.

R63O0di.jpg

Armor can get quite sweaty so I give it a wipe down with warm soapy water.

As mentioned, your armor pieces are held together via a strapping system and are not attached to the undersuit.  The late great Daniel (TK 42911) has a fantastic video (link here) which shows the full process.

As for the smelly factor, I keep a stash of sanitizing wipes in my armor bin, and I wipe down the inside of each piece before placing it back in.  The undersuit can (and should) be washed after each use. :D

• Like 1