StevieB requesting pre-approval ESB TK (AM commission at Dave’s Darkside Depot)

StevieB

Hello all, first attempt at pre-approval. Going for basic level.

1.  First/last name  - Steve Bryant

2.  Future Garrison/Squad/Outpost or local area  - Desert Scorpion Garrison

3.  Armor maker - AM commission at Dave’s Darkside Depot

4.  Helmet maker - AM commission at Dave’s Darkside Depot

5.  Cloth belt maker - AM commission at Dave’s Darkside Depot

6.  Neck seal maker - AM commission at Dave’s Darkside Depot

7.  Boot maker - Imperial boots

9.  Blaster maker (if applicable) - Shear Tech

11.  Height  192cm

12.  weight 77Kgs

13.  TK type ESB

Thanks to Glen Rhodes for answering my many questions and for selling me a replacement hovi tip. I am sure there will be more questions in the future. :D

JpUYdnO.jpg

LBOLQf3.jpg

R0JGKsL.jpg

QLgvzpg.jpg

8KMrtHC.jpg

gj3REpQ.jpg

lc40ziO.jpg

T30S5DQ.jpg

Zc6KhEC.jpg

Edited by StevieB

Looking good, not always easy to pick things that may be out of place, I find a full length mirror helps.

A couple of things, not sure what is going on with the holster straps, loops should go over the fabric belt.

You could add some V tabs to stop your posterior from being pushed backwards.

Tabs on the sides should help the kidney not to overlap your abdomen, or some foam behind to stop it being squashed together.

QLgvzpg.jpg

gallery_14191_5_102785.jpg

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

Helmet is sitting up a little high, see if you can reduce the padding. Detonator could be rotated downwards so the O detail can be seen more clearly. Shoulder straps could come down a bit on the backplate, they are sticking up a little. Also try to use a plain contrasting background, it makes it easier for your GML (me) to edit your approval photos ;) Background guide here

LBOLQf3.jpg

ENBGgGW.jpg?1

I think you could lower your biceps a little, this would close the gaps on your elbows, but in saying that you should be ok for basic approval as they are (I know a guy:laugh1:)

Drop box should align with the end of the plastic belt. Also add some white paint to your ab/kidney rivets (can't see your thigh ammos strip but rivets should also be painted white in case they aren't). Looks like you may be missing some rivets from your abdomen? 

R0JGKsL.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your application photos soon, here's the guide on how to apply from our forum 

• Like 1

Overall a really nice job on this build, Steve!  With a few tweaks here and there I can certainly see this armor at Centurion level for sure.  If I may add to what Glen mentioned, it would be:

As per the CRL, the paint on the teeth should be dialed back a bit.  Yes, before anyone mentions it there were certain ESB buckets where the paint extends a bit farther, but for higher levels (which I hope you will be aiming for) it's better to stick to what is written in the CRL.  ;)  Some non-acteone paint remover and a few toothpicks should clean them up nicely/

mvaK3ZX.jpg

3V7LQzh.jpg

Your right shoulder bell connection is spot-on... touching the shoulder bridge.  However, the left side should be the same.  Shortening the strap will take care of this.

G3ts8Wb.jpg

Looks like you are missing a few rivets on the ab plate, and the existing ones will need a few coats of white paint.

Although not a requirement for Basic, I would suggest bringing your drop boxes out a bit.  The outside edge should line up the end of the ABS belt.

reb3MJx.jpg

I can tell that you put a lot of time and thought into this build, Steve, and it shows!  An afternoon of refining a few details and you will be golden.  Once you are approved, I expect to see your application for Expert Infantry and then Centurion!  :jc_doublethumbup:

6 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Overall a really nice job on this build, Steve!  With a few tweaks here and there I can certainly see this armor at Centurion level for sure.  If I may add to what Glen mentioned, it would be:

As per the CRL, the paint on the teeth should be dialed back a bit.  Yes, before anyone mentions it there were certain ESB buckets where the paint extends a bit farther, but for higher levels (which I hope you will be aiming for) it's better to stick to what is written in the CRL.  ;)  Some non-acteone paint remover and a few toothpicks should clean them up nicely/

mvaK3ZX.jpg

3V7LQzh.jpg

Your right shoulder bell connection is spot-on... touching the shoulder bridge.  However, the left side should be the same.  Shortening the strap will take care of this.

G3ts8Wb.jpg

Looks like you are missing a few rivets on the ab plate, and the existing ones will need a few coats of white paint.

Although not a requirement for Basic, I would suggest bringing your drop boxes out a bit.  The outside edge should line up the end of the ABS belt.

reb3MJx.jpg

I can tell that you put a lot of time and thought into this build, Steve, and it shows! 

:laugh1: it was a commission build 

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

:laugh1: it was a commission build 

Yeah, didn't realize that until I got a text right after from Dave re: the rivets and such.

• Like 1