The prod... The progidal... My son returns!

TheLorelei

...and a special greeting to those who get the reference.

Well, after a few years, several moves including a cross-country one, and dealing with oh-my-goodness-so-much death (being related to me is, apparently, a high risk activity), the Tiny TK herself is back!

To prove that my time away wasn't ALL grief and taxes, here's a quick photo from Galactic Starcruiser. This was my very first foray into the excellent madness that is being a Twi'lek. Won the lekku in a raffle at a Garrison event a few years prior... Never knew I'd be using them for this!

DP1bhgp.jpg

This post is mostly because as I dusted off my armor (figuratively. We all know it was kept nestled snugly in dust-free safety!), I realized I'd like to finally get that replacement ab piece I've been talking about since I first assembled my kit. It seemed odd that the ATA fb page was down, but I figured maybe I had an old link. Until I emailed Terrell and the email bounced back. ☹️ Finally found the sad news on here - how heartbreaking, y'all. Of a much lower priority, does anyone know what happened to his molds? I heard auction, but any updates since?

Well, anyway, I'm still reserve, trying to fit in a troop before the census so I can get back to active. Scheduling is a challenge due to exams for my new career path, and handling estate stuff (see? I told you. So much death) but where there's a will, there's a way, and I'll see you fellow shiny whites soon.

I hope your years were - and continue to be - as peaceful as possible!

Aight, imma head out.

m9kIZh8.jpg

• Like 4

Lorelei is back!!! Awesome! And of course you'll likely not even know me since I'm basically new here since you last graced us with your presence, and by now you're wondering who this weird new guy is, so let me explain. Back in basically 2020 when I started my build I compiled a list of resources, and as an ATA builder myself I included your build thread in my compilation (which is now published as this All-In-One resource). I also had a super fun time with my ATA helmet ears like you (read about it HERE if you like), and recall the awesome feedback that Frank and your Carida cohort had on your long build thread.

Anyway, great to have you back, and very cool that you got to experience Starcruiser. Now get out there in the FL heat and make Lord Vader proud!

Hello and welcome back sounds like you have been busy.

ATA's molds had been purchased by another member some time ago and that's as much info we have had unfortunately.

Can you post a photo of what is wrong with your other ab piece, we may be able to give you some helpful feedback, I went to you build thread but it's 21 pages long and I'm not searching all of that:laugh1:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, MaskedVengeance said:

Lorelei is back!!! Awesome! And of course you'll likely not even know me since I'm basically new here since you last graced us with your presence, and by now you're wondering who this weird new guy is, so let me explain. Back in basically 2020 when I started my build I compiled a list of resources, and as an ATA builder myself I included your build thread in my compilation (which is now published as this All-In-One resource). I also had a super fun time with my ATA helmet ears like you (read about it HERE if you like), and recall the awesome feedback that Frank and your Carida cohort had on your long build thread.

Anyway, great to have you back, and very cool that you got to experience Starcruiser. Now get out there in the FL heat and make Lord Vader proud!

Oh my goodness hi! (Clearly I need to get my alert settings updated too, because I missed all these replies!) I'm so glad my build was of use - and amusement - to you. It was such a fun ride, ears and all. I'll be checking out your ear escapades now!

And as far as getting out there in the FL heat... I did, and *even in the air conditioned building* I had to stop for a water break at the half hour mark. C'mon, Henry, get those helmet fans ready!

YmofgRY.jpg

Smudge has still got it.

6dM7qC2.jpg

d1RkBPF.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/4/2023 at 6:14 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Hello and welcome back sounds like you have been busy.

ATA's molds had been purchased by another member some time ago and that's as much info we have had unfortunately.

Can you post a photo of what is wrong with your other ab piece, we may be able to give you some helpful feedback, I went to you build thread but it's 21 pages long and I'm not searching all of that:laugh1:

Hello again! Thanks for the update on the ATA molds. Sure thing about the ab, don't think I ever documented it properly anyway. Should I throw it at the end of my oh, only 21 page build thread ;), or work through things here?

On 8/4/2023 at 8:25 PM, Doggydoc said:

Welcome back Lorelei.  Sorry to hear life has been tough but glad you are getting back to some of the fun stuff. 

On 8/5/2023 at 2:44 PM, FN1313 said:

Welcome back!

Thank you guys. I've missed you all so, so much. I, too, am looking forward to getting back to some of the fun stuff! Like a potential Everglades Squad photo shoot *in the actual Everglades*. I'm currently accepting bets on how many of us get eaten by gators. Any takers? :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheLorelei said:

Hello again! Thanks for the update on the ATA molds. Sure thing about the ab, don't think I ever documented it properly anyway. Should I throw it at the end of my oh, only 21 page build thread ;), or work through things here?

Many post updates to their build threads so I'd post it there