gloves--what's preferred

Hi guys,

Just wondered if any glove is preferred as canon over any other.

And if any type considered more comfortable over a long period of time.

I'm thinking about giving rubber gloves with the latx handguards for the authenticity. But i'm concerned about heat and sweating.

I like the rubber-like look, but didn't know if breathability is better or achievable with a rubber-looking glove.

Thanks for any input.

--Truan

A lot of people use Nomex flight gloves and seem to like them. If you want to go canon you are going to need to go with the black rubber cleaning gloves. I personally use something similar to the nomex flight gloves and love them.

Also check out this thread. I think you might find it useful.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

i have both rubber and Nomex gloves. Depending on the event, i might wear one over the other. Star Wars Weekends or any other high profile event calls for rubber gloves. Hospital visits or small events get Nomex gloves. Theres no doubt that getting in and out of rubber gloves is a pain but heat has never been an issue. I say, get both! Rubber gloves are cheap. I think i paid $6 for mine at Ace Hardware a few years ago.

Nomex gloves for me, way more comfortable I think. I do however have 2 pairs of black rubber gloves which I would wear at a cannon event if it was called for. A sprinkle of scented talc in the rubber keeps the gloves fresh and a good wash after use.

Thanks for the info.

And thanks for the thread link, ThayNerd. I had actually just put my name in for a pair of Stormtrooper's rubber glove/hand guard combo earlier that day.

I was also thinking about lycra and neoprene as options, both for look and feel. Anyone have any experience with those?

Just to be a bit different I ordered a pair of Hatch® Operator™ Tactical Gloves:

-------

They were on sale :). Someone had posted (this forum?, MWG?) about having these once. They are a bit different from the flight gloves and have an elastic band to keep the forearm end tucked.

I'll let you know when I get them.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

A pair of thin cotton gloves worn under the black neoprene rubber chem gloves keeps my hands somewhat tolerable to sweat. Your whole body, from head to toe, can get swampy even during a short troop, so no body parts are really spared.

I just prefer the look of rubber gloves. I'm also broke most of the time, so the purchase of nomex gloves gets put on the backburner.