Best Approach to Removing E6000 from Armor

Hello everyone,

A while back, I made a mistake gluing the forearm armor for my build making too small for my size. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for how to best take apart the pieces and remove the E6000. I've found some solutions online, but I wanted to find something that wouldn't damage the plastic.

I wanted to know what you have tried and what has worked successfully. Your advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Slowly pull the pieces apart. Once done rub your finger over the glue, back and forth. I would suggest gloves,  because the fiction will hurt your fingers if you  have to rub them vigorously across the glue. I also use citrus Goo gone gel. Fixing stuff that's wrong seems to be what I do a lot of on my build. 

• Like 1

I find a wet rag is good, causes a little bit of friction, for really stubborn glue I use automotive compound. For sides of cover strips use sharp pieces of scrap plastic or pop sticks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dblcross said:

Slowly pull the pieces apart. Once done rub your finger over the glue, back and forth. I would suggest gloves,  because the fiction will hurt your fingers if you  have to rub them vigorously across the glue. I also use citrus Goo gone gel. Fixing stuff that's wrong seems to be what I do a lot of on my build. 

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I find a wet rag is good, causes a little bit of friction, for really stubborn glue I use automotive compound. For sides of cover strips use sharp pieces of scrap plastic or pop sticks.

Thank you for the tips. Much appreciated! I've give your ideas a try.