OK Here we go folks!

So...I have my MRCE that needs much work under closer inspection. there are a lot of seams that need to be filled in on this thing and I was hoping to do a non-pull apart teardown mod of it but that's not going to happen :angry: Next I got a good deal on an FX kit that arrived today so I need to get the parts to begin fitting/building. Now here is what I have pending....

Gloves

correct ab buttons

new lenses

hovi's(wait list)

I would like to see if there is anyone who can help me get a list of items I need( I would hope so :lol: )

such as...

correct paint for frown

mesh for frown

strip for brow adjustment

body suit

neck seal

blaster kit

correct holster

boots

Another question I guess is preference on velcro or snaps to build with. I have looked over a lot of pcs and tutorials but I want to see if I can get a majority ruling on this. I will have pics here as I progress...wish me luck!!

Greetings Jay,

I was in the same boat, and the general population told me that snaps were the most common. I have been working on mine for about 4 weeks now, and I keep trying different things ( I personally dry fit, then hot glue to make sure it's how I want it, and then permanantly glue it down. :blink:

It seems like alot of work, but at least it will fit the way I want it when it's finally done! ( And I want to get clone armor next, and I have seen many warnings, that it's more difficult than TK )

I'm shooting for having it ready for my first troop (official or not) at VisionCon in Jan.

Good Luck in your build, maybe see you at a troop someday!

The MRCE is a fun project to work on. I really have no skills whatsoever when it comes to all this, so I'm really pushing myself and I'm pretty happy with my results. Take it slow, read, read, read, read, measure, measure, measure, cut.

Most of what you are looking for can be found here over in the For Sale section. A few of the over items will be at a local hardware store, fabric store, or sporting good store. I know I spent a lot of time at Jo-Ann Fabrics, Wal-Mart and Lowes. If you can't find it in a store, you can probably find a How-To on making or someone is selling one on here.

I have AP and I use a mix of snaps and velcro. I've found that the industrial velcro holds really well and allows easier adjusting for fit. To make my straps I take the elastic straps and add fabric glue. Then I place the industrial velcro (with sticky backing) onto the glue and let dry. You can sew it but I don't know how to sow. Fabric glue dries real fast as well. I have some of my snaps pull off or break and I've replaced them with velcro. But to each his own.

I have AP and I use a mix of snaps and velcro. I've found that the industrial velcro holds really well and allows easier adjusting for fit. To make my straps I take the elastic straps and add fabric glue. Then I place the industrial velcro (with sticky backing) onto the glue and let dry. You can sew it but I don't know how to sow. Fabric glue dries real fast as well. I have some of my snaps pull off or break and I've replaced them with velcro. But to each his own.

Very cool :D I decided to do the industrial velcro on the armor and this weekend begins work on the MRCE. By the time that's wrapped up I can begin the armor fitting and build. Pics to follow!!

Thanks everyone!

What I did , is use white 3" wide elastic (comes as a belt in an AP kit) , cut it into 4 pieces about 6" long and stick 2 pieces either side. That gives me a kind of stretchy side panels thing. That, or a plastic shim about 2 - 3" each side will do it. Use a piece of scrap ABS. See my build thread for pics.