Are RS Prop Masters shins shorter than most?

Nairy

Something that has been bugging me quite a bit is the gap between my shins and my thigh armor. I have a commissioned kit, so I'm not sure if all RS shins are shorter than most. If we look at the trooper to my right, he is wearing a TM kit, and the shins are much taller as we can see on this image below. The caveat here is that he has TM's XL shins so they add 2 inches, but still.

Me to the left (RS), other TK to the right (TM)

mE98Dp1.jpg

Just wondering if anyone else has had this thought or if it's just that mine are quite a lot shorter than the normal RS shins/they just ride a bit too low/my legs in combination with thigh height are too long.

One potential fix that I could do to minimize the gap is of course to attach velcro to a sheet of ABS that I'll put on the inner tab of my shoe, and attach it to the shin on the inside so that it doesn't slide down as much. And lower the thighs a bit of course!

on one hand, RSPM would defend their armour sizing to the death because 'they are derived from the original'.

on the other hand, those look short. do your shins have proper bottom edges, or were they maybe trimmed a lot to fit you?

9 hours ago, Nairy said:

RS shins are shorter than most.

They are not. I would be surprised if they cut yours shorter given you have them your hight.

Easy enough to check as I have a pair of RS shins, I can take one with me on the Mandalorian-Troop if you like:duim:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sylverbard said:

on one hand, RSPM would defend their armour sizing to the death because 'they are derived from the original'.

on the other hand, those look short. do your shins have proper bottom edges, or were they maybe trimmed a lot to fit you?

I am 182 cm tall and my legs are a bit longer than my upper body so it is probably a combination of fitment, as I haven't seen any evidence of them being cut short! I will measure and come back to this thread with "the truth" :) They're supposed to be 15", and TM's is also 15" because measurements were taken from Simon's (RS part owner) Original suit!

• Like 1