Dblcross's 5.0 AM Build Thread

dblcross

• 3 months later...

So I haven't been to happy with the volume of my hovi tips and debated on getting a Tramp amp but then I saw someone's build using exciter speaker attached to the inside of their helmet that basically turned the whole helmet into a speaker. So I decided to get two to put on the inside of my chest plate and extend the wires so I can run them under my neck seal to my helmet. WOW what a difference! 

pRuHbKn.jpgnaqNN6g.jpgYPfkFMt.jpg

I will be stopping lots of citizens when I yell HALT!

So the snaps sit flat against the plastic apply a little heat: 

kBuU2QC.jpg

• 1 month later...

Oh boy I had a moment at work! I've got one reacter speaker that just so happens to be small enough to fit in my TD.

AzxZOfX.jpg

Basically, a reactive speaker will turn any object it's attached to into a speaker. It's what I use for my speakers with my chest armor.

My wife had a small MP3 player that I loaded with TK chatter that runs on a loop for 45 minutes.  If I can get the end of the TD off (E600 FTW) I want to install this inside of the TD . The mp3 player has a hook on it that would be perfect for mounting on the belt behind the TD. Seriously, I've got too much time at work to be pondering such things. Proof of concept is in the video. The E6000 is going to be tough to get the end off of my TD. If I can't do it I'll order a another one to try this on. I have an event for May the 4th and I don't want to mess up what I've already made. All in all, I think this is going to work great as long as I can hide the MP3 player behind the TD.

https://i.imgur.com/UfPRVAx.mp4

I run an MP3 player through my chest Aker amp and that works well. With having the speaker in your TD you may have to cut some vents to allow the sound to come out (unless you are just going to leave a cap off). Wouldn't be too bad on the inside so it's covered by the belt, but that may muffle the sound. Trial and error, looking forward to seeing how this goes.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, dblcross said:

Repairing my V-Tabs.

I had a member reach out and let me know he made some V tabs out of some aluminium strips he had for TD brackets and to date he's had no issues.

If you do think of going this way I would make sure you round off corners and check after any troop to make sure they are causing any cracks.

• Like 1