daunting!!!!

Andrew79

Hey everyone,

I'm wanting to join my local garrison but looking at all the info about making a costume is super daunting and overwhelming.  What's the best way top go about making a costume and is there anyone in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia who would be willing to give me a hand?

Thanks,

Andrew

• Like 1

Reaching out to your local garrison should help you, many hold armor workshops which is great to see armor up close, I believe this would be your local garrison 

There is a lot of information and yest it can seem daunting at first but with research you should get on the right path.

This thread should help you on your way 

Good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon

• Like 1

Hi Andrew. 

you are in the right place to ask questions and get comfortable.  It does seem overwhelming at first, but there is lots of help and support here and in no time, you will not feel so overwhelmed 

Hi Andrew, and welcome to FISD! As others have said, the abundance of information out there, including the All-in-One thread that Glen posted, can certainly feel overwhelmed. However, the important thing to remember is that this journey will be a marathon, not a sprint. Nobody builds armor overnight (except maybe Glen lol). Reach out to your local unit, create a build thread here on these forums, and personally connect with anybody will to help. Hint, there are a lot of us ready and willing to do so! Always feel free to message me directly and I’ll be honored to assist you in any way possible.

Caleb

Hi Andrew. It sure is very daunting at first and can feel that way for a while. The advice already given is a great path to start on. It took me 2 years to complete my armor back in 2012 because I was so afraid to make mistakes along the way. I was doing things month to month. Eventually I got tired of being so crazy to not make mistakes (so I could get trooping) and then things sped up form there. Also I had done so much reading & research on the FISD I was good to go. Take your time, ask lots of questions and don't give up. It's the journey that is rewarding as much as the finished armored is when you get to your first troop. Best of luck on your journey!