New to armor and would like help in Arizona.

Dscollins23

Hello,

My wife got me a set of DIY armor that is vacuum formed from Etsy.

She confirmed that it was what the other 501st were using (or so I hope).

Anyway, the big brown box came and it has everything to build this beast however I have no idea where to start.

I see videos and tons of info but I would really like some one-on-one help.

If anyone is willing and lives in Arizona I am in the east valley/Queen creek.

Let me know I would love to get into this and have a full set of armor.

I also have the under suite and neck gasket.  

Regards,

David Collins

Hello and welcome, you can compare with the CRL for specifications for costume approval https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

A great thread full of helpful info

Posting a build thread is the best way to get feedback on your build

You can find your local garrison here, if you haven't yet sign up on their forum, many do armor workshops, great way to get to know fellow builders

https://www.501st.com/members/garrisonglance.php?garrisonId=7

Welcome to the FISD, David!  There are a LOT of build threads that you can study here, but can I ask who the maker of your armor is?  The reason is that each one has their own little nuances, and that way we can more precisely direct you to ones that will help you the best.

Where to begin.  Hmmm.  A lot of folks start with something simple like the biceps then work their way up to the helmet.  As Glen mentioned, starting your own build thread will help immensely.  You can ask a million questions (which we will gladly answer) but posting photos will be the most important part.  I have a link here which will help with that.

We do have an Imperial Attaché named Eric @GoofTrooper who lives in the Phoenix area and may be able to help on a local level.  You can PM him via his profile here.  Be patient, though. ;)

Just remember to take... your... time on your build.  We are here to help, so never be shy about hitting us up for information or assistance.

Hello David! Welcome and congratulations on your kit! I live in North East Phoenix and just started my penultimate semester for my Electrical Engineering degree so I may not have time to help one-on-one right now but I a happy to help as much as I can. 

Like Glen mentioned, go sign up on our local forum at https://commlink.duneseagarrison.com/ 

We do have quite a few members who live in the east valley so there may be someone there who can help who is a bit closer to you. We also have armor parties, which are usually hosted by a member of the garrison at their home, where you can go to get help with the build. You can find those sort of events once you sign up on the local forum. We also have a meet and greet about once every couple months where members and prospective members meet for some food, to hang out, and to have any questions you may have answered. Our last one was in December and I don't believe the next one is scheduled yet. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

• Like 1