Hero helmet questions

Hi there,

I have a RS hero helmet. The CLR says it must have black Hovi Mix airiators with white trim en white on the inside (at least for level 2, where im aiming at).

But mine has all black hovi's. When i look at some reference material, the Hovi's are all black.

So whet are the right ones? White or black?

1 hour ago, Bobatrooper said:

Hi there,

I have a RS hero helmet. The CLR says it must have black Hovi Mix airiators with white trim en white on the inside (at least for level 2, where im aiming at).

But mine has all black hovi's. When i look at some reference material, the Hovi's are all black.

So whet are the right ones? White or black?

Hi Jan and welcome to FISD.

Regarding your question, a recent change to the ANH Hero CRL for Level 2 clarifies better this point :

CRL L2: Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present. Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh. The rim of the mic may be weathered, and the inside raised area painted white. Interior sides shall be painted black, mesh can also be painted black.

According to that:

- You can use the  rim of the mic painted   black or weathered 

- The inside raised area  (not all inside)  must be painted white

References

j1LjLw0.jpg    tnLTGiE.jpg  

Icc2D9E.jpg   

:salute:

• Like 1

Thx. I didnt know the CLR was updated.

But it does like wheatering indeed.

Ok next question :lol:;

The RS helmet has pretty light green bubble lenses. Is that screen accurate?

Im thinking off ordering some 3th party smoke bubble lenses. Anyone some thoughts about this?

And finaly; Did the originals helmets had mesh behind the frown? Or is this just an option that is tollerated?

Thx in advance

Thin light lens and no mesh

il_794xN.1126739962_b7mj.jpg

Starwars.com has some great info and history 

Many add the mesh so younglings can't see inside the helmet, helps with he illusion. A lot of people change out the lens for this reason too.

FYI stunt helmetxiAkQdD.png

Ah yes,

That site i knew, but never looked at the trooper helmets lol.

Thx it does explane a lot. Ill try the original green lenses first. I can imagine that dark smoke bubble lenses might be a bit to dark to look through.

Well, im a purist and id like to try to make my trooper as genuene as possible.

1 hour ago, Bobatrooper said:

Ah yes,

That site i knew, but never looked at the trooper helmets lol.

Thx it does explane a lot. Ill try the original green lenses first. I can imagine that dark smoke bubble lenses might be a bit to dark to look through.

Well, im a purist and id like to try to make my trooper as genuene as possible.

I have the green bubble lenses in my Hero helmet, very hard to look through, I find I have one spot which isn't too bad though, most is pretty much distorted though. Bubble lenses look great but just a little hard for seeing.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Bobatrooper said:

I got some 3th party smoke bubble lenses. Although they dont fit, Impossible to see through. So i stick with the original RS lenses. But you can see my eyes through it. Can this be fixed somehow? Or is that ok for the Clr? 

That's something you may want to discuss with your GML (garrison membership liaison) as they will be looking after your application and photos.

If you can darken the inside of the helmet that will help darken the inside and the lenses.

I find I can only see through one spot in my bubble lenses, I tend to move the helmet around a lot more than my Stunt helmet.