Rouge one stormtrooper

Hi I’ve been checking this rouge one stormtrooper armor but I don’t see any videos of how assemble a rouge one stormtrooper. I know other stormtrooper armor assemble pretty much the same but it’s kinda overwhelming because this is going to be my first time doing a armor kit here’s a few pictures of the kit

849A75C0-DC95-4488-9222-F1241CCA0013.jpeg

ACB9BB02-34A8-468D-AAD6-F281C5C4EDEC.jpeg

3F84B382-E81E-48A6-9917-3ACBE9F1840E.jpeg

D729DA97-0FC8-4FE7-A13A-346044C9AAB1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Biggiecheese63 said:

Hi I’ve been checking this rouge one stormtrooper armor but I don’t see any videos of how assemble a rouge one stormtrooper. I know other stormtrooper armor assemble pretty much the same but it’s kinda overwhelming because this is going to be my first time doing a armor kit here’s a few pictures of the kit

Moved this to a more proper place for ya.

Unfortunately, you won't find them because they don't exist yet. There are only a handful of us *Rogue One/ New Generation (unless you're doing a red TK...) Stormtroopers out there compared to ANH-Stunt and no one has made a video series to my knowledge. We've had 45 years to figure out the ANH style, but only what... 6 years since Rogue One came out, then it was another 2 years until we saw these suits again in Solo? We're still catching up, especially now that people are making them out of ABS, which (like the First Order) is not the original material, so it requires special consideration. I personally wear a fiberglass suit from Jimmiroquai so I wish I could be more help, but here's mine below for some inspiration.

jAp5GhL.jpeg

In this subforum (and my signature), you'll find a few helpful build threads from other builders of... what looks like an 850 Armor Works kit? Maybe? Makerofthings? Let us know where you got it and we'll do our best to help, but the NewGen suits are built very differently from the OTs - many of the same building skills will transfer over from other ABS kits, but little of the measurements, assembly or strapping tips.

You're in for an adventure, but we're here to support you!

Oh and where in California are you located, in case we can find you some local in-person support?

Hello and welcome, many use others build threads to reference for their own builds, here are a couple of good ones you may wish to have a look through.

When in doubt we do have a gallery section full of reference photos.

Good luck with the build and don't be afraid to ask questions :D 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

Moved this to a more proper place for ya.

Unfortunately, you won't find them because they don't exist yet. There are only a handful of us *Rogue One/ New Generation (unless you're doing a red TK...) Stormtroopers out there compared to ANH-Stunt and no one has made a video series to my knowledge. We've had 45 years to figure out the ANH style, but only what... 6 years since Rogue One came out, then it was another 2 years until we saw these suits again in Solo? We're still catching up, especially now that people are making them out of ABS, which (like the First Order) is not the original material, so it requires special consideration. I personally wear a fiberglass suit from Jimmiroquai so I wish I could be more help, but here's mine below for some inspiration.

jAp5GhL.jpeg

In this subforum (and my signature), you'll find a few helpful build threads from other builders of... what looks like an 850 Armor Works kit? Maybe? Makerofthings? Let us know where you got it and we'll do our best to help, but the NewGen suits are built very differently from the OTs - many of the same building skills will transfer over from other ABS kits, but little of the measurements, assembly or strapping tips.

You're in for an adventure, but we're here to support you!

Oh and where in California are you located, in case we can find you some local in-person support?

Hi I saw the listing on eBay.. I know it sounds bad but the seller have some positive reviews. And live in the Bay Area in Sunnyvale

23 hours ago, Biggiecheese63 said:

Hi I saw the listing on eBay.. I know it sounds bad but the seller have some positive reviews. And live in the Bay Area in Sunnyvale

Yep, that's definitely makerofthingsStudio's stuff, and unfortunately he's a known recaster of other makers, and this kit is no different. We as a community try on principle to not support makers who steal from others, as well as the fact that most recast armor is of significantly poorer quality than the original. This one may be especially difficult, as the only ABS kits I've seen really supported in these forums is the 850 Armor Works one. You'll find quite a few other threads with info on building that kit (Ben's is notable!) that may help, but I think the MakerOfThings kit is cast off of Jimmiroquai's, so it's really not quite like either of them. Can it be done? Absolutely, and there's no rules against any particular maker as long as you build it to the requirements outlined in the CRL. But researching ahead of time will definitely save you some heartache in the future. The good news is that you're in the right place now and we're happy to help as much as we can once your armor arrives!