Z_Mukamuk ESB TK Build Thread

Z_Mukamuk

Hello there! I received my commissioned build yesterday and I've already started digging into the modifications. The overall construction seems great! My only major complaint is around the leg armors, specifically where they have cut my legs behind the knee haha. 

I started by sanding down the return edges with the left thigh piece. You can even see a little bit of my blood left on the corner of the right thigh armor :laugh1:

t4EmFiZ.jpg?1

Another angle of each for comparison.

79Ij6E2.jpg?1

DYhNgEf.jpg?1

I also did a little bit of sanding on the rear of the upper thigh so it would stop digging into my posterior. I'm holding the left thigh slight tilted away from the camera in the photo.

41O5iep.jpg?1

I tried the left thigh on again at this point and it felt better. But it's still not quite where I want it to be. So I'm thinking I want to pursue some mobility cutouts. Here I have sketched the line where I'd like to sand to. I would really love some feedback and guidance on the shape and placement of the cutout. 

7mmdAWa.jpg?1

The other hiccup is that there is an internal strip that provides an excellent seam for the armor, and my mobility cutout essentially removes that. Seen below. Should I be concerned or will the external cover strips be enough to keep it closed?

EHIQ4LX.jpg?1

And here is how it looks next to the shin armor. I haven't decided yet on cutouts for the shin. If the thigh changes solve my issue, I'll probably try to leave the shins as is.

TISsGDM.jpg

My last question for help (for today anyway haha) is about my gloves. They are heavyweight chemical gloves, but they have a prominent white logo on them. Anybody know the best way to either remove it or cover it up?

rpqts3z.jpg?1

Thanks so much for reading and for the advice!

Hi Zack, mobility cuts looks good to me since they don't pass the ridges  (requirement for L3 Centurion)

Here some references in the gallery

For the Gloves Paint  ,  IMO you can try with any paint remover in a small are to see hoe it works.

When suited up, if the forearms cover the painted section , I don't  see any problem to leave them as it.  

CRL for Basic : Black in color, made of either rubber, nomex, leather, or leather-like material, with no visible straps or logos/designs. The fingers are enclosed.

• Like 2

I ended up having to do the cutouts on the shin armor as well. I think they turned out better than the thighs. Going to take a second stab at the thighs and clean them up.

mXpmQo3.jpg?1

As for the gloves, a tiny bit of acetone on a paper towel, a quick wipe and the print came right off!

4DAjHUb.jpg?1

Nice work on the leg cutouts! Looking sharp. Don't forget about the elastic to help keep the shoulder straps down. I did an event where I forgot to use them and it still haunts me to this day.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Crampeat said:

Nice work on the leg cutouts! Looking sharp. Don't forget about the elastic to help keep the shoulder straps down. I did an event where I forgot to use them and it still haunts me to this day.

Thanks! And I will definitely have to remember that for the future! Haha. Don't want to walk around as a half-dressed trooper!!

• Like 1

Even with cut outs we still can't bend our knees fully, makes for an awkward looking crap walk getting up stairs.

Nice work on those cut outs 

• Like 1