Wabi-Sammy's WTF ESB TK Build

WabiSammy

Firstly, a sincere thank you to all who gave me a warm welcome here on FISD. Y'all are the real MVPs! Anywho, down to business. I've got a "used" WTF ANH kit that has been roughly trimmed in some areas and an assembled bicep and forearm. I will likely have to take the assembled arms apart and resize them because my upper arm is 10" round and my wrist is just half of that measurement. Thankfully Cricket's build covers alot of good resizing information that I was previously confused about.

On to the kit!

Here it is all laid out.
HZnA7Bd.jpg?1
Top of the ab plate has a confusing partial cut. Will it sit right without any return edge at the top?
vTc5q1L.jpg
One of the wrinkles on the underside of the faceplate. Not sure how I will deal with this.
GI0v7Ep.jpg?1
It's concave on the inside which presents a problem for simply trimming or sanding it off. Guess I might be painting this helmet after using ABS paste?
DELSs6T.jpg
Yet another pucker I'm afraid to remove on the brim of the helmet.
GEWUFHS.jpg?2

There it is, my complete set. A little rough around the edges but that's where the "Wabi" in 'Wabi-Sammy" comes from. "Wabi-Sabi." Finding beauty in imperfection, wonky stormtrooper armor personifies that for me. 

If anyone has any suggestions or concern before I start trimming, let me know. 

Congrats on the kit, best of luck with the build.

Top of the ab plate has a confusing partial cut. Will it sit right without any return edge at the top?

Most of the ab plate sits under the chest piece but there is still some slight return edge. It points more upwards on the outer sides and like a typical return edge in the middle, similar to the kidney piece.

Take your time, you got this!

Great! Welcome to "Research fun time!" Use the search function and find other WTF builds, go over them and learn from their mistakes (you will see a few of the same). If it were me, I started with the helmet because you can wear it around the house and keep yourself motivated for the rest of the build.

• Like 2