Shoulder elastic adjustment

Hi all,

I need to make an adjustment to the elastic strapping that connects the back and chest armour (see image).

332c880a971a203e141e69b19a405f85.jpg

Looking at the image, you can see the back armour is dropping down my shoulder a little so I going to shorten the elastic that connects them. The elastic also has a tendency to slip off the edge of the flap completely (no matter how much I tighten) possibly because the back/chest pieces are a little too far apart.

Just in case I make a mistake, I want to order some new elastic (it won’t hurt to have some spare) so wanted to check I get the right kind. I was looking at the below but please correct me if this is the wrong kind.

The Bead Shop - Wide White Elastic Band | 38mm 6 metres | Stretch Webbing https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BCJWY81/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_HWBNYNDT90WN46WS9MHT

Thanks,

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am starting to have this problem too.  I built my armor in 2016.  The good thing for me is that the elastic shoulder straps I made snap in on both the chest plate and back plate. I even made a couple of extras just in case a snap blows out.

I think this 38mm elastic would work fine and I know some TKs use this size. I used 2inch which translates to about 51mm.  Good luck!

Elastic does stretch over time, I use an industrial elastic which is a bit thicker than regular elastic and doesn't stretch as much.

Also notice on your image that you could bring the elastic which goes around the shoulder strap further back wards so it wraps around the back plate, will help stop any bunching.

UrnD3dz.jpg?2

13 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Elastic does stretch over time, I use an industrial elastic which is a bit thicker than regular elastic and doesn't stretch as much.

Also notice on your image that you could bring the elastic which goes around the shoulder strap further back wards so it wraps around the back plate, will help stop any bunching.

UrnD3dz.jpg?2

Hi Glenn,

I know what you mean. The photo I posted isn’t the best example (just wanted to illustrate the area) but it’s when I move the elastic further back onto the back plate that it slips off the bag and the flaps springs up. I think your industrial elastic is a good option.